waxy78611
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I've used the Rog 6 for about 1 week, here's my review so far.

1. Battery life is amazing. Noticeably better than the Rog 5, maybe around 10 -15% better.
2. The speakers are good but missing the punchy bass compared to the Rog 5. Maybe it can be improved with a software update? I don't know because apparently the speaker hardware is significantly different to the Rog 5
3. Temperature is noticeably higher than the Rog 5. It's not majorly different but still noticeabe. For example, with normal use like texting web browsing, my rog 5 goes to maximum 31 degrees, the Rog 6 goes to approx 34-35 degrees (same room temperature, same environment temperature)
4. For some odd reason, settings made with app battery settings (restricting background apps) get reverted if you restart the phone. This bug was also present with A12 on ROG 5
5. The phone is super fast & smooth, no lag or stutter.
6. Call quality is brilliant.
7. A12 takes some getting used to, the whole UI is different. I would much prefer A12 on the Rog 6 but sadly A12 is the absolute minimum you can have as the software.
8. Camera quality is OK. Nothing special.
9. Charging speed is amazing. Charges very fast.
10. Signal strength is solid. 3g/4g is blazing fast. Haven't tried 5g as not in a 5g area.

Overall, a decent experience but definitely doesn't feel like a complete phone. More software updates are definitely needed but even still, the bugs present should have been ironed out before release. The speakers definitely need to be atleast on the same level as ROG 5 or at the very least better. The temperature needs some adjusting too.
Do not go for the Tencent edition with global ROM installed, you will be left with a permanent "hardware stub" notification which will show a warning about incorrect OS. Can't be removed no matter what. If you're going to buy this phone, buy the one that matches your region. Even still, wait until the aforementioned bugs have been fixed. This phone has potential but as things stand, it needs some improvements.
48 REPLIES 48

Slnn3R
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/220578#Comment_220578

It doesnt depend, its undeniably better in every single way. Due to its way of spreading its sound it's way better. There isnt a single situation where the rog would even remotely outperform the black shark.

View post
but when u hold the phone for gaming or maybe watching video with one or two hand holding one or two side of the phone, isn't ur hand will block the side speaker? does it still sound good when ur hand is interrupting the side speaker of phone? 🤔
or its Speaker technology is so advance that the audio it output wouldn't disturb by anything, in case above, the audio will not be interrupt or blocked by the hand which will pass thru the hand and still produce the best quality sound to your ear? 😱

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
waxy78611

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I've used the Rog 6 for about 1 week, here's my review so far.

1. Battery life is amazing. Noticeably better than the Rog 5, maybe around 10 -15% better.

2. The speakers are good but missing the punchy bass compared to the Rog 5. Maybe it can be improved with a software update? I don't know because apparently the speaker hardware is significantly different to the Rog 5

3. Temperature is noticeably higher than the Rog 5. It's not majorly different but still noticeabe. For example, with normal use like texting web browsing, my rog 5 goes to maximum 31 degrees, the Rog 6 goes to approx 34-35 degrees (same room temperature, same environment temperature)

4. For some odd reason, settings made with app battery settings (restricting background apps) get reverted if you restart the phone. This bug was also present with A12 on ROG 5

5. The phone is super fast & smooth, no lag or stutter.

6. Call quality is brilliant.

7. A12 takes some getting used to, the whole UI is different. I would much prefer A12 on the Rog 6 but sadly A12 is the absolute minimum you can have as the software.

8. Camera quality is OK. Nothing special.

9. Charging speed is amazing. Charges very fast.

10. Signal strength is solid. 3g/4g is blazing fast. Haven't tried 5g as not in a 5g area.

Overall, a decent experience but definitely doesn't feel like a complete phone. More software updates are definitely needed but even still, the bugs present should have been ironed out before release. The speakers definitely need to be atleast on the same level as ROG 5 or at the very least better. The temperature needs some adjusting too.

Do not go for the Tencent edition with global ROM installed, you will be left with a permanent "hardware stub" notification which will show a warning about incorrect OS. Can't be removed no matter what. If you're going to buy this phone, buy the one that matches your region. Even still, wait until the aforementioned bugs have been fixed. This phone has potential but as things stand, it needs some improvements.

Review of Rog 6 so far
Point 3. So its new cooling system is useless to reduce temperature. I want to change my rog 5s to rog 6 because they said it has better cooling system. But after read this maybe I would stick with my phone for now

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Lord_Messi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/62322/review-of-rog-6-so-far

Point 3. So its new cooling system is useless to reduce temperature. I want to change my rog 5s to rog 6 because they said it has better cooling system. But after read this maybe I would stick with my phone for now

View post
Its the same cooling system as the Rog5, only difference is that the worst part of the Rog5 just got even worse.
@Slnn3R The speakers are positioned in a way where you would not block the speakers. You probably think back on the phone where the speakers were positioned on the sites where you would constantly block them. Also the speaker grill consists of 3 very large holes, blocking speakers is impossible without doing it on purpose.

Slnn3R
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/220739#Comment_220739

Its the same cooling system as the Rog5, only difference is that the worst part of the Rog5 just got even worse.

@Slnn3R The speakers are positioned in a way where you would not block the speakers. You probably think back on the phone where the speakers were positioned on the sites where you would constantly block them. Also the speaker grill consists of 3 very large holes, blocking speakers is impossible without doing it on purpose.

View post
"Also the speaker grill consists of 3 very large holes, blocking speakers is impossible without doing it on purpose"
Are you saying that based on your personal experience with it? I find it hard to applicable to most people, video below is a guy playing game with BS5 Pro in a very normal way to holding the phone, I already see his palm are interfering the speaker area, it seem like even worse when he playing game that required placing his finger in the Trigger area,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyQetMDuvlY (8:37)
Reviewer did say that "but they are a bit easy to muffle with your palms accidentally when you are gaming",
It doesn't seem like he doing it on purpose, and I don't think he would highlight this Cons on purpose as well 🤔

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Slnn3R

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/220795#Comment_220795

"Also the speaker grill consists of 3 very large holes, blocking speakers is impossible without doing it on purpose"

Are you saying that based on your personal experience with it? I find it hard to applicable to most people, video below is a guy playing game with BS5 Pro in a very normal way to holding the phone, I already see his palm are interfering the speaker area, it seem like even worse when he playing game that required placing his finger in the Trigger area,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyQetMDuvlY (8:37)

Reviewer did say that "but they are a bit easy to muffle with your palms accidentally when you are gaming",

It doesn't seem like he doing it on purpose, and I don't think he would highlight this Cons on purpose as well 🤔

View post
Yes, the speakers are away from your palms, they are up at the triggers, naturally youd have your fingers away from the speakers.
As for his statement about "bit easy to muffle" I think it's safe to say he was to quick to judge aka made an assumption before testing himself. When you watch his "gameplay" section you can see how he never blocks the speakers. You would have to use the triggers with your 2nd knuckle instead of fingertips and hold the phone tight in order to block the speakers which nobody does since you'd have a cramp in literally 2minutes.