waxy78611
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I've used the Rog 6 for about 1 week, here's my review so far.

1. Battery life is amazing. Noticeably better than the Rog 5, maybe around 10 -15% better.
2. The speakers are good but missing the punchy bass compared to the Rog 5. Maybe it can be improved with a software update? I don't know because apparently the speaker hardware is significantly different to the Rog 5
3. Temperature is noticeably higher than the Rog 5. It's not majorly different but still noticeabe. For example, with normal use like texting web browsing, my rog 5 goes to maximum 31 degrees, the Rog 6 goes to approx 34-35 degrees (same room temperature, same environment temperature)
4. For some odd reason, settings made with app battery settings (restricting background apps) get reverted if you restart the phone. This bug was also present with A12 on ROG 5
5. The phone is super fast & smooth, no lag or stutter.
6. Call quality is brilliant.
7. A12 takes some getting used to, the whole UI is different. I would much prefer A12 on the Rog 6 but sadly A12 is the absolute minimum you can have as the software.
8. Camera quality is OK. Nothing special.
9. Charging speed is amazing. Charges very fast.
10. Signal strength is solid. 3g/4g is blazing fast. Haven't tried 5g as not in a 5g area.

Overall, a decent experience but definitely doesn't feel like a complete phone. More software updates are definitely needed but even still, the bugs present should have been ironed out before release. The speakers definitely need to be atleast on the same level as ROG 5 or at the very least better. The temperature needs some adjusting too.
Do not go for the Tencent edition with global ROM installed, you will be left with a permanent "hardware stub" notification which will show a warning about incorrect OS. Can't be removed no matter what. If you're going to buy this phone, buy the one that matches your region. Even still, wait until the aforementioned bugs have been fixed. This phone has potential but as things stand, it needs some improvements.
48 REPLIES 48

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/220849#Comment_220849

Wow, the lack of 700mhz really sucks, its by far the best band because its the best covering frequency.

About the tester, yeah those are reviewers in a nutshell these days. Reminds me how all reviewers were like, Rog3, BEST DISPLAY, AMAZING, NO FAULTS. Meanwhile users: BRUH THE COLORBANDING.

Lets be real, mainstream reviewers are fking useless these days.

@Slnn3R Huh? do you know what passive aggressive even means? Also I'm far from agressive in the first place, as my name suggest, I'm a blunt person. You're interpreting to much into it. I'm merely stating that you're saying irrantional things like "having experience" even if you don't. You're literally commenting on something you don't know anything about.

As for your funbike section, you better believe it. The Black shark 5pro is extremely good at keeping frequencies in check, distorting the speakers is extremely hard. You'd have to modify music or sounds while messing with the EQ to produce any kind of distortion, and even then, it's only very little. Unlike the Rog5 where you just up the bass and listen to a bass boosted song where the speakers will distort and crap themselves. As I mentioned, me and funbike heard irl how they compare, Blackshark is significantly louder, way better balanced, distortion is virtually non existant in normal usecases and they have way way better surround effect. The Rog by comparison is just quiter, mids are getting drowned and bass is to much, sometimes even causing the speakers to drown the highs as well. If you listen to rock/metal like I do youd notice instantly how unbalanced the sound from the Rog is, the BS5 on the other hand, good lord those speakers.

You have two people, unrelated to each other, confirming with their live experience, that its hard to muffle sound unintetionally and confirm that sound is superior to the rog5, without being nitpicky.

View post
I Always believed rog 5 had best speakers. But boy was I wrong. The black shark 5 is EASILY the king of speakers. Louder richer sound. Miles ahead of Asus. I would have gone for bs5 if battery life was better & if they supported it with consistent updates. But in regards to speakers, bs5 is Right at the top

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
waxy78611

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/220880#Comment_220880

I Always believed rog 5 had best speakers. But boy was I wrong. The black shark 5 is EASILY the king of speakers. Louder richer sound. Miles ahead of Asus. I would have gone for bs5 if battery life was better & if they supported it with consistent updates. But in regards to speakers, bs5 is Right at the top

View post
Thing is the black sharks powerdraw is less. But ill still agree id like to see 6000mah as well on the bs5. CN updates are there but sadly the global version is left behind.

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/221456#Comment_221456

Thing is the black sharks powerdraw is less. But ill still agree id like to see 6000mah as well on the bs5. CN updates are there but sadly the global version is left behind.

View post
I find it odd how GSMArena came to the conclusion that rog5 speakers are better than bs5 😆 even on the review page, you can play the GSMArena audio files with all phones they reviewed. Anyway, I did this, and played the bs5 sound file on my rog5, instantly noticed the difference. But the question is, how was the quality so good when played through my rog5 ? Check screenshot

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
waxy78611

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/221468#Comment_221468

I find it odd how GSMArena came to the conclusion that rog5 speakers are better than bs5 😆 even on the review page, you can play the GSMArena audio files with all phones they reviewed. Anyway, I did this, and played the bs5 sound file on my rog5, instantly noticed the difference. But the question is, how was the quality so good when played through my rog5 ? Check screenshot

screenshot-20220802-221333785.jpg

View post
Wow, GSMarena actually did record those phones, yeah on those recordings it just shows how superior the black shark is. It's has way better mids, it sounds much fuller than the Rog6.

GSMArena feature labs: The tests
Important to use headphones.
What an embarresment.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
@waxy78611
Do not forget that the tests are carried out with the firmware version when they received the phone, the Rog5 had amazed everyone, including me for the excellence of the bass, a shot of equalizer to compensate for the deep voices and c was perfect.
The speakers of the Rog5 completely broken by a firmware never found this frequency curve and playing with the equalizer cuts out and saturates quickly on my rog5.