This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No wifi calling in ROG phone 6

Byu
Star III

is wifi calling disable in Rog phone 6 ?  or rog phone 6 not support wifi calling?  I tried everythig in seetings, and devereloper option cannnt find the it.

is wifi calling enabled only when carrier support it?  I have checked some carriers like t-mobile plan include unlimited wifi calling.  

can anyone explain it?

58 REPLIES 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wrong menu

Its in setting/network internet/call

AT&T supports Wifi Call

Im out now

Have a nice day

If you say so. Happy an excellent X-mas. Lastly, Asus ROG phones in the U.S. market using AT&T will only have HD voice only. It is what it is and AT&T controls this on their network and SIM configuration. Only AT&T can change this. Even the PDF file you referred to https://www.att.com/idpassets/images/support/pdf/Compatible-Wi-Fi-Calling-Devices-on-ATT-Network.pdf kinda proves my point as their are no Asus ROG phones on the list that AT&T allows WiFi calling. Enjoy your holidays.

ZT-a9606218
Rising Star I

The carrier must set it up on their end then the info is sent to your SIM. Once enabled by the carrier you can then activate it via the phone SIM settings (if the phone supports it). Unless it is whitelisted by carrier like AT&T does then WiFi calling will not work even if your phone supports it. Hope this helps.

why is not shown in setting?  even the carreir not does support, the setting menu should show the funtion.  

is it autmatically disabled?  or when carrier support wifi calling, it autically enabled?  

2 reasons that it will not show up in your SIM settings. 1) The phone manufacturer can disabled the feature in the firmware example Asus, some Motorola phones, etc.  2) The carrier whitelisted the phone and disabled the feature in their system which means the SIM will not allow WiFi calling on a phone. AT&T only allows WiFi calling on their phones only and any other unlocked phone will not have this feature only HD calling aka VoLTE calling. T-Mobile at least in the U.S. will let unlocked phones with WiFi calling ability work with their SIM cards. WiFi calling at least with T-Mobile in the U.S. will activate the feature once the account and SIM are established, but other carriers may not activate the feature (if available) then the end user must turn it on thru the SIM settings on the phone (if it is available in the menu in the first place meaning you will see the feature as an option in the SIM settings, and if it is not shown in the SIM menu then you are out of luck). Most phones like Nokia, OnePlus, and some Motorola phones allow WiFi calling and VoLTE hence don't block these features in their firmware, but the carrier can disabled these features tho in their system via their SIM card meaning even if a phone can do these features the carrier has ultimate control over the feature usage.