This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Video Output with Aero Active Cooler 6 Installed (Upgrade/Downgrade)

charliemora2
Star II
Model Name: ROG Phone 6 PRO
Firmware Version: Stock Version
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: With Aero Active Cooler 6 attached
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
========================================
Firmware update needed to support HDMI video with the Aero Active Cooler 6 connected.
I am able to get a HDMI video signal out of both side and bottom USB-C port, however, the Aero Active Cooler 6 limits the USB-C ports functionality when installed and neither port supports HDMI video out.
During the "ROG Phone 6 Launch Event" it was Specifically stated @ 55:48 that the side port supported HDMI out and there was No disclaimer or Fine Print on the screen, that this function is disabled with the Aero Active Cooler 6 installed. Since there are no side pins on the ROG Phone 6 like its predecessor models the through port on the cooler might not be able to support HDMI video, but it should still be available on the bottom USB-C port.
The additional triggers made me interested in the ROG Phone 6, and and the Only reason I upgraded from the ROG Phone 3 was that HDMI output was Confirmed (an known issue with the ROG Phone 5).
The own and still have the ROG Phone 2 & 3, the ROG Phone 3 still runs like a champ and did not need to be upgraded. I was able to Live Stream with both predecessor models, and knew the ROG Phone 5 had issues supporting HDMI out and the main reason I did not upgrade from the 3.
The original cooler's had headphone jacks, supported HDMI out and designed to keep the side of the phone free of cables for the Ultimate Mobile Gaming Experience. I don't know know why Asus went away from this design. The Aero Active Cooler 6 is soo much larger than the original coolers, I do not see this being used on the go and the majority of users will be using this at home, so the Cooler should add functionality to the phone instead of restricting it. I knew the headphone jack was no longer on the cooler and was an acceptable sacrifice for the extra triggers, but not being able to capture video to live stream is making me regret this purchase.

9 REPLIES 9

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I

nuf said. ASUS don't really seem to care.

charliemora2
Star II
@Danishblunt, but you said nothing...
And regarding this issue, I would agree if there were hundreds of posts/complaints that Asus was ignoring, but since receiving the phone earlier this month, I have only found 2 posts about this issue, 1 on this site, and another on Reddit, so it would appear that not enough users are complaining about it for Asus to know how many users it is affecting.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
charliemora2

@Danishblunt, but you said nothing...

And regarding this issue, I would agree if there were hundreds of posts/complaints that Asus was ignoring, but since receiving the phone earlier this month, I have only found 2 posts about this issue, 1 on this site, and another on Reddit, so it would appear that not enough users are complaining about it for Asus to know how many users it is affecting.

View post
There were countless posts since the Rog2 days where people were complaining about the locked 60hz on capture card. Guess what happened? Exacly, nothing.
As for why it doesnt work, cooler has only connections for charging, no video out.
Also the cooler or firmware for the cooler does not disable the bottom port, it's the phone itself that does it on a hardware level. If anything is plugged into 1 port that occupies any form of charging pins, the other port is disabled, this is to prevent idiots from frying their phone but shoving 2 chargers into it. There will be no fix.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Danishblunt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grTFFsjwH_w

nuf said. ASUS don't really seem to care.

View post
Nostalgia, when ASUS knew how to make gaming smartphones and all they had to do was learn Android optimization😉