This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front camera option is missing in camera app

Rowdyruffbrick
Star II

A few weeks ago, my ROG Phone 6 (global) started having issues with the camera, the front camera button would go missing and the pictures taken from the main camera looked weird.. I had to restart the phone to get them working again but overtime it got worse and the restarting did not help anymore. I figured it was a software issue so I cleared the cache of the camera which did not fix it and I wanted to clear the cache of the phone itself but couldnt as it was not unlocked nor rooted. I posted on xda and someone else told me that they had the exact same issue and it was a driver issue(?). The flashlight function does not work as well from the notification shade. Weird thing is the front camera works in apps like WhatsApp so I know it is working and it isnt a hardware issue. I thought it would be fixed with the A13 update, but it did not.

Could someone please assist me in this?

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 6 (Global SD version)
  2. Firmware Version: WW_33.0610.2810.72
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera application
60 REPLIES 60

Niella
Star II

Having same issue?how to fix?

TaroMisaki
Star II

Yeah 

Having the same issue despite the latest firmware update

Darwin91vioj
Star II

I'm tired turning off and on delete cache return to default camera buttons..hope you have solution on this.....

Screenshot_20230508-181209_Camera.jpg

Same problem

Mattias_ASUS

Hello!

I've received information regarding to this issue and it seems it's not a software issue, please make sure to contact your closest ASUS Service Center.

https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location