This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front camera option is missing in camera app

Rowdyruffbrick
Star II

A few weeks ago, my ROG Phone 6 (global) started having issues with the camera, the front camera button would go missing and the pictures taken from the main camera looked weird.. I had to restart the phone to get them working again but overtime it got worse and the restarting did not help anymore. I figured it was a software issue so I cleared the cache of the camera which did not fix it and I wanted to clear the cache of the phone itself but couldnt as it was not unlocked nor rooted. I posted on xda and someone else told me that they had the exact same issue and it was a driver issue(?). The flashlight function does not work as well from the notification shade. Weird thing is the front camera works in apps like WhatsApp so I know it is working and it isnt a hardware issue. I thought it would be fixed with the A13 update, but it did not.

Could someone please assist me in this?

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 6 (Global SD version)
  2. Firmware Version: WW_33.0610.2810.72
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera application
60 REPLIES 60

nevidjen
Star II

I ended up sending phone to service center. If I manage to get a refund I will not buy any Asus phone in the future, I can guarantee you. Rog 5 had a fried motherboard, Rog 6 bad camera, I am not willing to risk with yet another phone. Although they make great phones they should work a bit on a quality of a product.

my motherboard got replaced twice and the camera module once, service took almost a month and my phone is less than a year old. Yep last Rog Phone for me.

Georgeshabo
Star III

Did U fixed it ? Bec I have same problem front camera missing too since last update:(

Fernanroa
Star I

This is very exactly the same with mine. Just experienced it recently. My front camera is not working while the back cameras are giving distorted images. It seems only 2 cameras of the back cams are working. I tried using the camera in apps like Facebook, IG, etc... the cameras including the front camera are working but the quality is not superior as expected compared to the camera app. Is this problem already resolved? Maybe someone can share or help me/us with this problem. Thank you!

when did the issue happen? you can do a factory reset but if that doesn't work I'm afraid the problem is hardware and you need to report to asus. Hoping that  you still have a warranty. Good luck.