Audio Wizard frustrating oversight

smac
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG phone 6
Firmware Version: not sure
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: consistent issue
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Audio Wizard (not sure the version
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I bought this phone because it's the only phone with a quad dac + built in amp and a good system EQ.. I'm a big audiophile with a collection of different audio devices that would make use of this.
Very excited to find that the sound is great, but then when I went to switch between devices (all devices require different EQ settings to sound good to my ear)... I realized there's no way to save different sound profiles.
My Shure se535s need a mid boost + treble cut, my Sennheiser HD650s just need a slight bass boost, and my car's sound system is tuned and needs the raw signal without any manipulation.
To switch between these requires that I manually adjust the eq, and I have had to resort to writing down what the optimal eq settings are for each device and taking a minute before using them to adjust the eq.
I would love to see the ability to save multiple sound profiles (this is super standard with all eq's) or even a bypass switch at least.. so I don't accidentally blow my cars sub when I forget to flatten the eq after using my Shures.

18 REPLIES 18

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/233137#Comment_233137

Imagine mid boosting the SE535, R.I.P ears.

View post
lol, I thought it was a translation error when I read need for medium boost and treble cut on SE535s so I called one of my perfectly bilingual sons.

smac
Star I
Guess I'm going to get raked over the coals for considering myself an audiophile! I WAS an audiophile, now I just pretend to since I have hearing damage and pretty bad tinnitus. I've had the HD650s since before I had some hearing dmg.. About 10 years. I tend to boost frequencies that might seem overpowered to some. My GF literally tells me my car's system hurts her ears lol
I almost always boost mid range because I don't hear them as well, and cut treble to prevent further damage.. since I tend to crank the volume up 🙂
Prob why I didn't notice the change in DAC.. whatever's in there now powers my HD650s well enough for me to not notice the difference!
All this is besides the point, I still want to figure out how to solve the audio wizard problem

PS, pretty annoyed now about the ROG 6 missing the Sabre DAC. I had it in my v40 and specifically got the ROG for the DAC. I just busted my ROG 5 a couple months ago after it went for a swim and figured might as well upgrade. Didn't even think to confirm if it still had the chip. Now I regret not getting another 5.
I've been using the THX Onyx I got recently for the most part and I guess I'll be using it full time. Just use the built in jack for podcasts 🙂
BTW I realize that I am not hearing the difference, but it's more to preserve the gear. If I am cranking these quality headphones with an underpowered source I'll eventually dmg

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
My GF literally tells me my car's system hurts her ears lol
That combined with you boosting mids on a mid centric in ear should give you enough reason to not even care about a balanced sound since it's probably horrific as far as "normal" people is concerned.
Why are you annoyed about the DAC? You clearly had to be told to even realize at this point. You're not an audiophile so why do you even care at this point. You clearly said you were satisfied with the sound for the most part. At this point you're being silly.
Also I find it very unlikely for the phone to break its dac when you use headphones like the HD 650s.
As for your issue, just set everything in audiowizard flat and use wavelet for EQ for your other devices, problem solved.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
The explanation of the hearing problem makes the message even more interrogative.
The HD650s have treble; it cuts the treble on the SE535, which has none.
It does not raise the midrange on the HD650 which will need it to correct the hearing loss, but it raises it on the SE535 whereas the peak of the midrange frequencies is their main defect.
He notes 'I had the HD650s' in a message, either there is an error 560s and 660s exist but 650s tells me nothing, maybe a name for a country or a series that I don't remember.
The most serious thing is that he is destroying his girlfriend's ears and that he is aggravating this hearing damage, dixit, "fairly serious tinnitus", for the loss of frequencies it is dead but only a long time period of silence can stop tinnitus and it continues to listen at high volume!!!!so it can only get worse

smac
Star I
FunBike.. interrogative? What do you even mean by that?
I didn't have high hopes for getting help with the issue I made this account to get help with (how do I make profiles or at least deactivate audio wizard without clearing eq settings) so I'm not too bummed about that.
What surprises me is that not only have none of the posts acknowledged the purpose of my post, but even after I poked fun at myself and retracted the statement that I'm an audiophile (I do miss having good hearing very much and it is a source of much sadness for me), there seems to be genuine distain for for what I've said about my audio balance choices.
Why the total lack of respect and helpfulness? Why are you all just mocking me?