Audio Wizard frustrating oversight

smac
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG phone 6
Firmware Version: not sure
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: consistent issue
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Audio Wizard (not sure the version
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I bought this phone because it's the only phone with a quad dac + built in amp and a good system EQ.. I'm a big audiophile with a collection of different audio devices that would make use of this.
Very excited to find that the sound is great, but then when I went to switch between devices (all devices require different EQ settings to sound good to my ear)... I realized there's no way to save different sound profiles.
My Shure se535s need a mid boost + treble cut, my Sennheiser HD650s just need a slight bass boost, and my car's sound system is tuned and needs the raw signal without any manipulation.
To switch between these requires that I manually adjust the eq, and I have had to resort to writing down what the optimal eq settings are for each device and taking a minute before using them to adjust the eq.
I would love to see the ability to save multiple sound profiles (this is super standard with all eq's) or even a bypass switch at least.. so I don't accidentally blow my cars sub when I forget to flatten the eq after using my Shures.

18 REPLIES 18

smac
Star I
I have noticed that the eq is disabled when using the phone's speakers, and is only activated when you connect a device.
My car's sound system uses and external DAC which connects via USB, so if the eq could stay disabled until I use the headphone jack (just not the USB) then that would be a huge help.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
smcnamara1987

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG phone 6
  2. Firmware Version: not sure
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: consistent issue
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Audio Wizard (not sure the version

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I bought this phone because it's the only phone with a quad dac + built in amp and a good system EQ.. I'm a big audiophile with a collection of different audio devices that would make use of this.

Very excited to find that the sound is great, but then when I went to switch between devices (all devices require different EQ settings to sound good to my ear)... I realized there's no way to save different sound profiles.

My Shure se535s need a mid boost + treble cut, my Sennheiser HD650s just need a slight bass boost, and my car's sound system is tuned and needs the raw signal without any manipulation.

To switch between these requires that I manually adjust the eq, and I have had to resort to writing down what the optimal eq settings are for each device and taking a minute before using them to adjust the eq.

I would love to see the ability to save multiple sound profiles (this is super standard with all eq's) or even a bypass switch at least.. so I don't accidentally blow my cars sub when I forget to flatten the eq after using my Shures.

Audio Wizard frustrating oversight
You're such a big audiophile that you didnt even notice that there is no ESS Sabre DAC in the Rog6. 🤣
Also no, the best audiophile phone on the market is probably the xperia series, they have the best tuned DAC on the market, maybe aside from the vivo x80.
Also the inputfilter on the Rog phone is bias. Even the Rog5 with its quaddac left a sour taste in many audiophiles mouths due to its inability to deliver proper clean sound. This makes sense as the phone is catered towards gamers, not audiophiles.
Also I am absolutely confused why you would even buy the shure IEM, they are considered one of the worst audiophile grade IEM's on the market, I don't know a single audiophile that doesn't hate them. Also the fact you boost mid centric IEMs even further makes me question your credability as an audiophile.
As for your request, some have requested similair on the Rog5, never happened, I wouldnt get my hopes up.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
the HD650s have been on top for almost 15 years, not much to complain about in terms of sound, just the packaging, not even a soft bag.
On the other hand on the rest of your message, you must confuse with the ROG5 for the DACs and the misunderstanding is total with the SE535, whatever the version they are criarts in the mediums 1.5-4k and frank cut of the treble from 6k then nothing at 10k and you write "My Shure se535s need a mid boost + treble cut", these are horrible headphones for ordinary humans, so for an audiophile!!!!!

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
FunBike31

the HD650s have been on top for almost 15 years, not much to complain about in terms of sound, just the packaging, not even a soft bag.

On the other hand on the rest of your message, you must confuse with the ROG5 for the DACs and the misunderstanding is total with the SE535, whatever the version they are criarts in the mediums 1.5-4k and frank cut of the treble from 6k then nothing at 10k and you write "My Shure se535s need a mid boost + treble cut", these are horrible headphones for ordinary humans, so for an audiophile!!!!!

View post
Imagine mid boosting the SE535, R.I.P ears.