AeroActiveCooler 6 not working when cooler firmware update started

cloud4919
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 6
Firmware Version: Build number WW_32.2810.2210.216
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: None.
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): None.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
When I connect it to my phone, an update pop-up appears.
So I click it, the update failure message appears and the cooler does not work.
I remember the first time I started updating and after a while there were words starting with M on the screen.
How to fix it? There is no official ASUS repair center here.
5 REPLIES 5

FunBike31
Community Legend I
cloud4919

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 6
  2. Firmware Version: Build number WW_32.2810.2210.216
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: None.
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): None.

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

When I connect it to my phone, an update pop-up appears.

So I click it, the update failure message appears and the cooler does not work.

I remember the first time I started updating and after a while there were words starting with M on the screen.

How to fix it? There is no official ASUS repair center here.

AeroActiveCooler 6 not working when firmware started
"no official ASUS repair center here."
You are buying a phone that has an almost certain probability of needing a motherboard change, in a country where it is not officially sold, so without warranty, otherwise you would have ASUS service centers, think about donating your money to an association rather than throwing it out the window.

Anyway, for this time you're lucky, wait, this problem has been identified, it is not fixed with the .220 firmware but it should be with the next one

cloud4919
Star III
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/66093/aeroactivecooler-6-not-working-when-firmware-started

"no official ASUS repair center here."

You are buying a phone that has an almost certain probability of needing a motherboard change, in a country where it is not officially sold, so without warranty, otherwise you would have ASUS service centers, think about donating your money to an association rather than throwing it out the window.

Anyway, for this time you're lucky, wait, this problem has been identified, it is not fixed with the .220 firmware but it should be with the next one

View post
This means will fix next cooler firmware update?
currently cooler only recognized as a USB device.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
I can't tell you more than this answer made by an ASUS moderator in the Chinese section.
November 15
@reares @u7961717tw
Hello, regarding this problem, it is caused by some abnormalities in the value written by the fan when updating the firmware; we will correct this problem in the subsequent software update, and the detailed schedule will be updated~~ Thank you

FunBike31
Community Legend I
This answer is for 6D but there is a very high probability that it is also for ROG6 qualcomm