Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi not turning on (hotspot too)

Gizan
Star II
Hello,
The WIFI on my ROG5 stopped turning on.
Tried rebooting it many times, no luck.
I also can cause my system UI to crash if i try turning my wifi on many times in a row.

My phone is not rooted, and i never temper with it. And hadn't get any update since i got it in May 2021.
The Software version is : 18.0830.2101.86
Android 11

It is actually the most expensive thing i own (without even counting in my Kunai3 controller). I use it heavilly everyday, and depend on it for work, for driving the company car and for entairtenement in the evening, it is actually the lone screen in my home. Yes, not enven a TV.

Please help me fix this. I really take good care of it. Never dropped, always on steady charge and good charging habits.
While watching a video, it started buffering. I thought i had a temporary connection black out. I went into the options and saw that it doesn't seem to find wifi (or the many neighbours ones that it usually picks up). So i rebooted the phone, and the wifi never worked ever since (the wifi it doesn't even turn on since that time)

Before this, i had the Rog 3.
I still have every thing : the phone box, the Kunai 3 controller box, the Controller, the charger, the original cable the original rog 5 case. The AeroActive cooler and it's box...

This device is my workstation, my GPS, my car dashboard, my TV and my friend xD

Very impatiently waiting for support. Thank you very much.
17 REPLIES 17

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Gizan

You mean they hadn't my WIFI probleme, their prolme was the screen?

View post
Only way to repair is expensive logicboard replacement. Since the damage is apparently inside the soc

Gizan
Star II
Update on the situation,
1 day after the wifi probleme, the speakers stopped working...
Nothing works, rebooting, resetting the phone... Desperately trying different 'scenario effect : cinema, game, dynamic...from the sound setting
The only way to get sound, is throughout my bluetooth earphones
This phone is worth 7 times my salary, adds in the Kunai 3 controller and the Aero Active cooler, it adds up to 9 and a half mounth
I am just sitting laughing, i am loosing my mental health

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Gizan

Update on the situation,

1 day after the wifi probleme, the speakers stopped working...

Nothing works, rebooting, resetting the phone... Desperately trying different 'scenario effect : cinema, game, dynamic...from the sound setting

The only way to get sound, is throughout my bluetooth earphones

This phone is worth 7 times my salary, adds in the Kunai 3 controller and the Aero Active cooler, it adds up to 9 and a half mounth

I am just sitting laughing, i am loosing my mental health

View post
Send to repair center and NEVER buy a Asus phone again. I'm very surprised Asus haven't been sued by anyone, this is just pathetic.
Send your phone off to be repaired once it's repairedsell it & buy the Black Shark 5 Pro. Better speakers, better processor, roughly same price and best of all, black Shark never have such pathetic hardware issues.

Gizan
Star II
i was thinking the Lenovo one (that latest one with 8Gen1 soc). But maybe next year
There is a saying in my country, that roughly translate to 'Don't play rich, when you don't have the means'.
Man did it bit me is the ... I feel powerless, absolutely nothing i can do.

(For repairs, i looked around in MyAsus, there is no repair center in my area, nor the 3 countries near us) it is a dead in my hands

Gizan
Star II
Is it true that the phone have catastrophic performances in game after the motherboard change ?