Indr
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Rog 5
Firmware Version: Latest .176
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Just Once after Change the MOBO
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Today I left My Device on table & watching Netflix, suddenly I saw that the Device restarts itself.
Last time when the device restrts on its own, Wifi & Hotspot were broken for no resaon
Received the device on 1st October 2021, today is 27th of October, but this time Wifi & Hotspot are working as before no problem found also battery percentage also same, But really worried why it restarts on its own?
Really frustrated with this kind of Smartphone, really regretted why I chose Asus?
Can anyone face this type of problem after changing MOBO?
Happend just once today, don't know what will happen in coming days?
Attached Screenshot where you can see the restart in battery Graph!!

10 REPLIES 10

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
Maybe it's overheat so it's restart itself

Indr
Rising Star II
Lord_Messi

Maybe it's overheat so it's restart itself

View post
It's left on the table, don't do anything with device that time, how can overheat??

Happens again now, this time also left it on the table!! This is the 2nd time happens..

It restarts on its own, I realised when I see the caption on lock screen "UNLOCK WITH PATTERN TO SEE ALL FEATURES"
Please check the attachment for restart status...

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Don't blame poor Rog 5 on everything, although I almost threw him into the Garonne last night 😞

The main cause of the random reboot is a third party application, come the preinstalled apps with buggy update, OS and hardware failure.
Overheating is not a cause of reboot, the command sent to the system is shutdown, no reboot.

I would advise that users having this problem consult together and review third party identical applications and / or
 that applications received the last notification.
If this is not possible, (users post a problem then only come back xx days after or not at all !!!!) try to use the smartphone in safe mode, if the reboot was regular and it continues it is probably a hardware failure.

For my part, I bet 99% that the reboots I read here in recent days are due to Wattapps.

Indr
Rising Star II
FunBike31

Don't blame poor Rog 5 on everything, although I almost threw him into the Garonne last night 😞

The main cause of the random reboot is a third party application, come the preinstalled apps with buggy update, OS and hardware failure.

Overheating is not a cause of reboot, the command sent to the system is shutdown, no reboot.

I would advise that users having this problem consult together and review third party identical applications and / or

that applications received the last notification.

If this is not possible, (users post a problem then only come back xx days after or not at all !!!!) try to use the smartphone in safe mode, if the reboot was regular and it continues it is probably a hardware failure.

For my part, I bet 99% that the reboots I read here in recent days are due to Wattapps.

View post
It's happened first time in last night..
I have not installed any new apps now a days.
Happens 2nd time today.
Please check the attachment for Battery Graph, where you can see a gap...