This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 5s WiFi Issue Service Centre Denying replacement

BarbarianKing17
Star II

I bought a ROG Phone 5s 6 months back. Now I am facing WiFi and Hotspot Issue wit sudden auto restarts. This is faced by many users. ROG 5s comes with default motherboard issue and we paid a load amount for it. I reached ASUS Service Centre and they are not ready to replace my product. I am fully under warranty. There is 6 more months of warranty remaining. This is a new product I am facing issues. ASUS warranty statement clearly denotes either repair or replacement of the product itself. My product is brand new and why I need to repair so soon. I need a replacement of my product but ASUS Service Centre Denying to do so. Where to Complaint? I now hate ASUS Products I will never buy again.

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS

@BarbarianKing17 
Please check the PM inbox at the top right corner of the screen and kindly provide the requested information.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

geralddevaad
Star III

after 3 months im stuggle with this phone.. no wifi, no hotspot.. im learning from zen talks threds, watching video review and repairment about this issue. and i got summary of that.

1. the possible problem is the RAM. cz the chipset and RAM is piled up into one place.. and when the phone get heat, it can cause problem. and you already know cs asus rog phone 5 series very easy to get heat when using . same like POCO phone or another phone with chipset and ram pilled off in one place

2. replace motherboard make ur IMEI diffrent, replace motherboard = replace ur ram too.

i had problem same with your probelm. first my wifi and hotspot didnt work, "error". and 3 month past my phone suddenly dead when im watch youtube and charging, can not to turn on. 

3. solution to make wifi and hotspot working again ..if ur warranty is eshausted, go to service phone near you, "the trusted one" and say want to replace ram of ur phone.

if you force it to be repaired in a place where it is not genuine asus (asus center). will void the warranty period.

for the furture..

1. when charging phone u hv not to play it.

2. setting charging 80%, not 100% on armory crates. and setting heat to low

3. and u need charge when 20% battery, dont 3% battery

my asus rog phone 5s.. now work normal.. after upgrade ram from 8 to 12gb. the cost is 1/5 price of this phone, and until now i thik is worh it. and if someone want to buy asus rog phone another series i suggest u to dont buy it.. the environtment of this phone is still develop

you can search my history reply about the issue here :

https://zentalk.asus.com/t5/rog-phone-5/rog-5-wifi-and-hotspot-not-working-error/m-p/387821#M14634