This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 8 - Camera Problem

Khaeru
Star II

Since the latest firmware update on June 2024, i have insane change of camera feature. Not in good ways but in ridiculous worst way. 

1. Flip button to change from rear camera to front camera is gone. Now i can't do selfie photoshoot.

2. Wide camera 0.7 is gone. Now it only give me 1 and 1.4. And the quality itself is now sooo much worrrsttt than what i've got at first. There are 4 cameras is embedded on this phone, now is only 1 camera is functioned, the rest are dead. 

3. Trying to get 4K video ? Now is impossible. The camera will stop responding whenever i want to try it. All the premium feature to get high quality video is gone. 

4. This is the most silly part. Whenever i want to pay something by scan QR barcode, my phone will use the front camera instead of rear camera. 

Tried to solve this by run 'Factory Reset' and yeah no change. I dont know whether this is solvable bug that might be can be solved when the next firmware or this is hardware issue. 

Several days ago i went to Asus Service Center and tell everything about this issue. And they dont know the causes, they only suggest me to left my phone there and let them check why for 5 days working hour. And no guaranty of new device replacement only for spare part. 

Any simillar problem with me guys ?

Btw me in Indonesia. 

10 REPLIES 10

Koudmaker
Rising Star II

I think your the 3rd person on the forum here with that problem. 

esther598
Star I

Hello,

I’m sorry to hear about the camera issues you’re experiencing with your phone after the firmware update. Let’s troubleshoot this together! Here are some steps you can try:

Reboot your phone: Sometimes a simple restart can resolve camera issues. After rebooting, check if both the front and rear cameras are working.  MyCenturaHealth patient portal

Clear camera data and cache:
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > SEE ALL xxx APPS > Camera.
Tap on Storage & Cache and execute CLEAR STORAGE and CLEAR CACHE. Make sure to back up your photo and video files before doing this.
Update the Camera app:
Visit Google Play and update the Camera app.
Then start the Camera (both front and rear cameras) again.
Update the firmware:
Go to Settings > System > System update > Check Update to ensure you have the latest firmware.
Access Safe Mode:
Long-press the power key and tap and hold the Power Off option in the menu.
If your phone works well in Safe Mode but not after a regular restart, third-party apps might be causing the issue. Consider backing up your data and performing a factory data reset.
Backup and perform a factory data reset:
Note that this will delete all data, apps, settings, and personal information.
If none of the previous steps help, this might be worth trying.
Contact ASUS Product Support:
If the issue persists, reach out to ASUS Product Support for further assistance.
Hopefully, one of these steps will resolve the camera problems. If not, ASUS Support can guide you further. Hang in there, and I hope your camera gets back to working smoothly.

Best Regards

esther598

Hi thank you in advance for replying. 

Honestly i have tried what you mentioned. Even i called the Asus Product Service hotline for Indonesia then they assist me to go to offline asus cervice centre. I went to the placed that they suggested. And the person who in charged there didnt know the reason why my rog 8 is facing the camera issue. They asked whether i can left there for 1-5 working days so that they can observe the causes. If i had two phones in my hand it'd no problem at all but in fact i only have one phone which my rog 8. Futhermore, there's no new replacement of new device as after-sales guarantee. 

Btw, are you part of the Asus team ? Or are you just a person who had simillar problem with me ?

Thanks

Wow, seriously, ROG 8 already? We all ROG 6 users experienced the same issue (mine 3 months after purchase on February last year), in fact, fingerprint not recognized, flashlight sometimes doesn't work, camera doesn't work, if it does, it won't focus. There is nooo big way Asus team are not informed of this. Terrible.