This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG PHONE 5 SUDDENLY TURNED OFF AND IS NOT STARTING EVER SINCE!!

Vismay
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Day 1 Of The Problem: (19 August, 2021)
My ASUS ROG Phone 5 was delivered to me on 5th June. I took extremely good care of it. While I was gaming today, it turned off all of a sudden. It wasn't even warm at the moment. I remember the battery was well over 50%. There is not even a single scratch on it and it has no physical damage or has never been dropped ever. I tried rebooting. 

Power on button, power on + volume down hold, power on + volume up hold, power on + both volume button. None of em worked. 

Plugged in the charger, the led indicator was also not working. 

I almost had an heart attack. I read on Asus rog forum that other owners of this device is also facing the same issue. Those of who faced it early, had it returned and those who faced later like me had to send to service center. As I read it's a faulty motherboard on this device. I am not sure though. I have applied for a pick up & drop repair service. It will take well over 25 days to get it repaired. My question is I paid 58 thousand rs for a device I can play games on and have fun not this headache.
I am a YouTuber, so I bought it to make high quality content. But this was not what I was expecting. It's been only 2 months since I got it for God's sake. 
It's under warranty so let's see what happens. I'll keep it updated. God bless me. ASUS ROG don't disappoint me any further.

Update 1 : Day 2 Of The Problem: (20 August, 2021)

I went to my local ASUS Service Centre. They checked my phone for any physical damage, since it's in pristine condition with only minor scratches on the tempered glass, they took it to send to the service station in Kolkata. It's about 200km from where I live. I had to sign a document stating some terms & condition. After all the paper work, I was informed it'll take around 10 days and I'll be notified via message and email the entire time and I can even track my device as it go. So that's preety neat. Let's see what'll happen next. I'll update as I get more info.

Some images for reference:

screenshot-2021-08-20-13-57-35-383-com-miui-gallery.jpg
screenshot-2021-08-20-13-56-29-978-com-miui-gallery.jpg

64 REPLIES 64

Indr
Rising Star II
Abhinil

Asus has the worst customer service...it's been 15 days and they are still saying the parts has been ordered.

I mean if they can't repair a phone why the hell they are into mobile manufacturing business...such a shitty company..buying asus ROG 5 was my biggest mistake.

View post
I am also submitted my device 9th Sept 2021, received 1st October 2021..

Really pathetic after sales service by Asus... Really regretted for buying this shit 😤😅

pourush_kalia
Star III
Shout out on social media Twitter fb.. take these snapshots make the world know about shameless asus

iZen
Star III
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/186980#Comment_186980

If you still have warranty, visit service centre.

View post
What's the point of a buying a device which spend 1/12 of its service life in service center 😆. CRAP will be CRAP ....
Note: it's been 21days since I've submitted it to service center

iZen
Star III
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/186980#Comment_186980

If you still have warranty, visit service centre.

View post
Note: I'm back here after 21days and still didn't get my device repaired

DRAZTIK
Star I
Same thing just happened to me on my Asus ROG 5 just now it was dead when I woke up I assume so I plugged in my charger and for the past half hour nothing not even the little light it's just black and I've only had in roughly 3 months I sold my ROG 3 to get this ROG 5 so now what do I do this is nuts ?? I have no idea as to what I should do ..it has not a scratch never been dropped I take super great care of my devices just for this to happen ?!??