Gamze
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: ?
Rooted or not: Yes
Frequency of Occurrence: Permanent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello,
I was enjoying my phone until it stopped recognizing one of my SIM cards. I tried everything and SIM 1 part is not working. I also cannot check the SIM card properties or mobile data properties etc. since they are not in the menu.
Another problem is, I cannot save my fingerprint anymore, since it cannot be activated as well.
I did factory reset to my Rog Phone and still those problems are going on. What could be the solution?
Many thanks in advance and all the best,
Gamze
3 REPLIES 3

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Hi thousandth user without SIM1 or fingerprint reader
Due to slight long-term bending by putting it in the trouser pocket or to a shock, even small, 25-30 cm is enough, the cable connector is no longer connected.
With a lot of luck, a strong press on the location of the fingerprint reader (on the back of the phone) is enough to restore contact
Otherwise, you have to open it, reconnect the cable, close it and then recalibrate
Below is the best discussion for this common problem.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/203567#Comment_203567

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
FunBike31

Hi thousandth user without SIM1 or fingerprint reader

Due to slight long-term bending by putting it in the trouser pocket or to a shock, even small, 25-30 cm is enough, the cable connector is no longer connected.

With a lot of luck, a strong press on the location of the fingerprint reader (on the back of the phone) is enough to restore contact

Otherwise, you have to open it, reconnect the cable, close it and then recalibrate

Below is the best discussion for this common problem.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/203567#Comment_203567

View post
Its not always just a disconnected cable, sometimes the cable is torn so a replacement is needed, rarely even broken connector.
But hey, bending is not a problem. So what if jerry shows fragile phone, just put a case on it, AMIRITE?
Welcome to the average rog5/rog6 buyer logic.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.