This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App lock still not working after factory data reset

Slurp
Star I
Hi, my ROG Phone 5's app lock still doesn't work even after doing a factory data reset. I set my app lock to after screen off, but only one app gets locked after I unlock only one app that I set a lock on. Every other apps that I've locked gets automatically unlocked.
10 REPLIES 10

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Slurp This is the intended behavior. Change the setting to "Always after use" if you want the system to ask for a new unlock every time you try to open a locked app.

Slurp
Star I
Gustav_ASUS

@Slurp This is the intended behavior. Change the setting to "Always after use" if you want the system to ask for a new unlock every time you try to open a locked app.

View post
What I'm talking about is that I haven't unlocked the other apps yet. For example; I've set a lock on both Google Chrome, and Facebook. I unlock Facebook. I then switch to chrome, but chrome is already unlocked without me unlocking chrome yet. That's the point of setting a lock on each app. You have to unlock them individually, regardless whether you've set the relock to after every use, or after screen off.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Hello,
You can tell me exactly where I find this security setting per application, it interests me a lot but I look for it but I can't find it. Android 11 does not know how to do to my knowledge nor even android 12, is it an Asus application installed with the Rog5?
Are you talking about this kind of security application or did I misunderstand?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.privac.tools.applock

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Slurp Correct, that's the intended behavior. Unlocking one app will remove the lock for all apps until your chosen method of relocking them kicks in.
Your solution is to use 'Always after use' in the AppLock settings.