5G OTA Software Update

Babyu
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ASUS_I005DA
Firmware Version:WW-31.0810.1226.139
Rooted or not:Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Recent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): 5G Software to use 5G
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

10 REPLIES 10

Screenshot_20230113-222853760.jpg

Screenshot_20230113-222904575.jpg

I've an airtel connection, it says the same on their airtel app that the phone needs a 5g support software update. But in reality it doesn't need any software update to run 5g if its available in your city. I'm running 5g airtel in delhi as you can look at my screenshots if you dont trust my words.

I don't know about Airtel so much because I'm a jio user and besides in the jio app it's that your device need to update to enable 5G. After consulting with my friends those are the Rog user just like me they said that they are also stuck on the same problem since the starting of last December. Nowadays on 4G the in-game ping goes upto 140-180 on the other hand my friends who are using 5G their ping goes upto 50-60. I'm getting a lot of problems because I'm a gamer.

https://zentalk.asus.com/t5/rog-phone-5/airtel-5g-update/td-p/231769/page/2

Read the whole post and replies. It will clear your doubts.

Yes bro even in Mumbai I use Airtel and I am getting proper 5g network in my college campus

Darkmoon
Star I

Still not received any 5g updates

My friend old mobile's under 10-14k mobile got 5g update

My asus rog 5 still not getting any software updates

Waste of 60k rip my rog 5