This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why build the phone just around Google?

Cenimm
Rising Star I
I want to know why you guys just building the phone around Google?! I almost don't use any off Googles apps and will understand why asus force me to use it.. Do like Samsung that's allow Google,, Samsung and Microsoft apps ( what I know maybe 3party works fine to. ) to work like standard apps without problems... What will happen if the EU law going in and Google apps is not allowed to be pre-installed on the phones.
https://www.androidauthority.com/eu-draft-law-uninstall-preinstalled-apps-1163382/
Maybe think 2 steps ahead and not 2 steps back.

19 REPLIES 19

mohammed98221
Star III
I think Asus provide certain alternative apps to Google's. Google apps are very popular. You can always install whatever apps you want.

Cenimm
Rising Star I
mohammed98221

I think Asus provide certain alternative apps to Google's. Google apps are very popular. You can always install whatever apps you want.

View post
I know I can install what ever I want but some stuff don't work with asus apps when I remove the Google apps.
And there android version is just build around Google and I want to be able to have possibilities to use other companies apps just not Google to get everything out of the phone.

realistix
Rising Star I
You do realize its built on Android (google), download and use whatever app you want. Please never change this. My last phone was Huawei, you don't want to be in that boat. Locked into certain apps is not a good thing, unless your on iPhone. What apps don't work for you?

Cenimm
Rising Star I
realistix

You do realize its built on Android (google), download and use whatever app you want. Please never change this. My last phone was Huawei, you don't want to be in that boat. Locked into certain apps is not a good thing, unless your on iPhone. What apps don't work for you?

View post
I know its Googles operating system but if the law kicks in maybe Google's apps won't be on any phone and you will have to download it on the side and why build it around that?