This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 3 - RGB back LED Aura lighting and sounds are not working for notifications

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

Model Name: ROG phone 3

Firmware Version: 17.0823.2012.131 Dec 2020

Rooted or not: not

Frequency of Occurrence: Intermittently after turning phone on, consistent overtime after phone is unnatended (locked)

APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Chrome, WhatsApp for business, WhatsApp, Messenger, Instagram, SMS, Twitter, etc. All latest versions

Hey there,
Similar to https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/29855/rog-phone-2-rgb-back-led-aura-lighting-not-working-for-... notifications don't work for aura light and also for sounds.

I did a factory reset and had a replacement (new phone), but the problem persists. 

The issue doesn't happen after a while, phone needs to be locked for a while.
I think something is killing the applications and/or notifications service as I've removed those apps from battery optimisation and disabled app hibernation as well. Further analysis suggests that when I try to call/send a message to whatsapp for example, the phone doesn't react until I move it, then I hear the notification sound, but no light, then I turn on the screen and turn it off by pressing the power button, the aura light works as it should be.

Summarising the phone doesn't work properly in several points: 
Aura light for notifications works intermittently. 
Notifications for apps don't work properly, I need to move the phone to make the notifications work. This happens after some time after turning on the phone, at the beginning this works, but then it stops. Followed troubleshooting steps from Asus website/Internet preventing from stopping/hibernate/optimising battery on the offending apps and didn't work either.

Please see the attached video.

Thanks, 

Alexis

========================================

7 REPLIES 7

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Megalox

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

Model Name: ROG phone 3

Firmware Version: 17.0823.2012.131 Dec 2020

Rooted or not: not

Frequency of Occurrence: Intermittently after turning phone on, consistent overtime after phone is unnatended (locked)

APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Chrome, WhatsApp for business, WhatsApp, Messenger, Instagram, SMS, Twitter, etc. All latest versions

Hey there,

Similar to https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/29855/rog-phone-2-rgb-back-led-aura-lighting-not-working-for-... notifications don't work for aura light and also for sounds.

I did a factory reset and had a replacement (new phone), but the problem persists. 

The issue doesn't happen after a while, phone needs to be locked for a while.

I think something is killing the applications and/or notifications service as I've removed those apps from battery optimisation and disabled app hibernation as well. Further analysis suggests that when I try to call/send a message to whatsapp for example, the phone doesn't react until I move it, then I hear the notification sound, but no light, then I turn on the screen and turn it off by pressing the power button, the aura light works as it should be.

Summarising the phone doesn't work properly in several points: 

Aura light for notifications works intermittently. 

Notifications for apps don't work properly, I need to move the phone to make the notifications work. This happens after some time after turning on the phone, at the beginning this works, but then it stops. Followed troubleshooting steps from Asus website/Internet preventing from stopping/hibernate/optimising battery on the offending apps and didn't work either.

Please see the attached video.

Thanks, 

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/JZGXC4LGWN8M/mov-0013.mp4

Alexis

========================================

Rog Phone 3 - RGB back LED Aura lighting and sounds are not working for notifications
I am sorry , i dont know about this issue but something is wrong with your case, did you but a new one or its out of your box coz mine and many of us are having a different case out of the box

Anonymous
Not applicable
Saifuddin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/44112/rog-phone-3-rgb-back-led-aura-lighting-and-sounds-are-n...

I am sorry , i dont know about this issue but something is wrong with your case, did you but a new one or its out of your box coz mine and many of us are having a different case out of the box

View post
Hi there, So I've bought the phone in December brand new and the case is the one that comes with the box. I've tested enough about this issue so I've opened a case with Asus, the recommended me to take the phone to the place of purchase. I've submitted the evidence and they've given me another new phone as they didn't know what is the root cause. Now with this other phone brand new as well, the issue is the same. Posted the feedback to Asus customer centre and they gave me the default response, i.e. take this to the place of purchase, so that's why I've posted the issue here as it's happening in two new phones, something is wrong with the software I believe (bug)

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Megalox

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/150116#Comment_150116

Hi there, So I've bought the phone in December brand new and the case is the one that comes with the box. I've tested enough about this issue so I've opened a case with Asus, the recommended me to take the phone to the place of purchase. I've submitted the evidence and they've given me another new phone as they didn't know what is the root cause. Now with this other phone brand new as well, the issue is the same. Posted the feedback to Asus customer centre and they gave me the default response, i.e. take this to the place of purchase, so that's why I've posted the issue here as it's happening in two new phones, something is wrong with the software I believe (bug)

Cheers

View post
The issue happens without a case as well

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Megalox Sorry to keep you waiting for a response!
As I explained in the thread you linked to, this is (at least in part) caused by how Android classifies notifications. Some notifications (messages for example) will trigger the back LED immediately while others will not. What you can try to do is this:
Find the app you want to receive notifications for -> Long-press app icon -> App info -> Notifications -> Click on the notification that you want to trigger the LED -> Make sure it's set to 'Alerting' -> Advanced -> Enable the 'Blink light' setting.
You'll have to do this for every notification you want to trigger the LED. Also keep in mind that some apps will send the first notification as 'alerting' and the rest as 'silent', which won't trigger the LED.