artemefim4ik
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 2
Firmware Version: UL-ASUS_I001_1-ASUS-17.0240.2012.65-1.1.228
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
So here is the story:
My phone turned off while I was using it and never turned on again. It does not react to charging.
The warranty already expired.
I was in Amsterdam when it happened. I took it to an unofficial service center in Amsterdam (since there are no official service centers of Asus there) for diagnostics but they could not identify the issue. They tried to turn it on with a new battery but it did not work.
Then I contacted Asus office in Netherlands - they told me that they can send a currier to pick up my phone and send it to
image.png
But I was already planning to go to Poland myself. So I went to Warsaw and used official website of the Asus office in Poland to request a paid repair.
In response to my request I received a message from the worker of Asus office in Poland, which was saying (full quote of the email):
"Good morning,
Device is not on EU Market and doesn’t have warranty. Advice to contact with retailer about issue.

Serdecznie pozdrawiam / Best Regards 
Technical Support Engineer "
What the hell is that? As I said, Asus office in Amsterdam was going to send my phone to Poland. I am applying for a paid repair in the official service center, and if the office in Poland doesn't have resources to manage the repair there, then I expect that it will receive my device and send it to some other office then.
So I wrote an email and asked to receive my device and send it somewhere else for repairs, but I received an answer (full quote of the email):
"We do not repair Phones from Chinese Market.

Serdecznie pozdrawiam / Best Regards 
Technical Support Engineer "
Can any Asus representative explain what is going on here? You don't repair the phones that you manufactured?
That's just ridiculous.

7 REPLIES 7

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Please remove you serial number
@Gustav_ASUS @ARP_ASUS can you guys delete his serial number

artemefim4ik
Star I
Why should I remove the serial number?

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
artemefim4ik

Why should I remove the serial number?

View post
So that no one do any misuse of the same , never give away any critical details like that in public , its a big security risk

artemefim4ik
Star I
Can anybody from Asus representatives here please clarify how can I get my phone repaired and what is going on with the official service center in Warsaw - how can it be that they don't accept my phone?

Thanks