Problem in opening a video

gugul
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 3
Firmware Version: .78
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): File manager/ gallery/ default video player/ any 3rd party video player.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
As per the hardware specifications of this device, it should play each and every type of video . But the scenario is something different. I'm attaching few screenshots of video formats which this device fails to play with the native video Player app. It doesn't even open with the file manager. However with 3rd party apps like MX Player, it simply denies to play with HW DECODER. It opens either with HW+ or SW decoder. So, please if something can be done, pass it to Devs team and enable the playback of HDR videos with native video player app.
@Anders_ASUS , @gustavohenriquue@ARP_ASUS@Gustav_ASUS
@ARP_ASUS
Please have a look at this a do the needful.

Thank you.

screenshot-20201015-000500396.jpg
screenshot-20201015-000641501.jpg
screenshot-20201015-000748992.jpg
screenshot-20201015-002256675.jpg
screenshot-20201015-000712279.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
gugul

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog 3
  2. Firmware Version: .78
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): File manager/ gallery/ default video player/ any 3rd party video player.

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

As per the hardware specifications of this device, it should play each and every type of video . But the scenario is something different. I'm attaching few screenshots of video formats which this device fails to play with the native video Player app. It doesn't even open with the file manager. However with 3rd party apps like MX Player, it simply denies to play with HW DECODER. It opens either with HW+ or SW decoder. So, please if something can be done, pass it to Devs team and enable the playback of HDR videos with native video player app.

@Anders_ASUS , @gustavohenriquue@ARP_ASUS@Gustav_ASUS

@ARP_ASUS

Please have a look at this a do the needful.

Thank you.

screenshot-20201015-000500396.jpg

screenshot-20201015-000641501.jpg

screenshot-20201015-000748992.jpg

screenshot-20201015-002256675.jpg

screenshot-20201015-000712279.jpg

Problem in opening a video
Well x265 is just a library it might still have some weird coding that prevents our video player from playing it.
You can download sample videos from below and see that x265 is working
https://x265.com/hevc-video-files/

gugul
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/37890/problem-in-opening-a-video

Well x265 is just a library it might still have some weird coding that prevents our video player from playing it.

You can download sample videos from below and see that x265 is working

https://x265.com/hevc-video-files/

View post
Well thanks for your reply. I think x265 coding is causing that problem. I'll download some HDR x264 videos and try to play them and get back to you if I face any kind of problem in that.