This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POLL: Does anyone WANT a screenshot watermark?

BPM
Rising Star II
Oxidian

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG PHONE 3
  2. Firmware Version: 180410.2201.192
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Armoury crate/game genie 5.10.1.1_211109

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I'm baffled how there's no one complaining about this...

Yesterday I updated my phone to the lasted build and now whenever I take a screenshot in a game there's this friggin giant horrible watermark taking 1/4 of the picture space on the bottom left of the picture...

image.png

I've looked for every setting to disable it, but no avail, it's not possible to stop armoury crate in any way, to unistall it or remove it...

There's was no mention of this crap on the list of updates, else there's no way I'd have update the phone...

How do I turn this thing off ? or how do I rollback FW ? Don't tell me I have to throw away the phone for this stupid update...

How to remove watermark from screenshots after latest FW update ?
To recap:
The most recent update (18.0410.2201.192) introduced a new "feature" that wasn't specified in the patch notes: it would automatically add an ROG watermark to screenshots of games added in Game Genie.
Gustav closed the thread stating that an option to disable this would be added with the next system update.
But my question is this: would anyone leave the watermark enabled?
This is merely my opinion here (and I'm interested in seeing what others think), but I think this was a dumb thing to add in the first place. It shouldn't be an option to enable/disable; it should just be completely removed. I don't see any point for the watermark as it just obstructs screenshots I'm trying to take. But hey, maybe some of you disagree and want to keep it. Hence why I'm looking for some community input.
And I'll be completely frank here: I love the ROG Phone 3. I know it's not perfect, and I will sometimes defend ASUS against complainers (notably regarding the color banding/black crush issue, since that isn't entirely within their control), but this is something they've severely disappointed me with. It wasn't something they needed to add, and they did it anyway.
10 REPLIES 10

Sellyme
Star II
I don't think you're going to get a huge list of people going "yeah I actually love installing malware".

BPM
Rising Star II
Sellyme

I don't think you're going to get a huge list of people going "yeah I actually love installing malware".

View post
I didn't think so, but still like to hear differing opinions.

Razgriz
Rising Star II
Welp..
Majority of my friends like it, they even asking how to get that watermark?
Its not their fault if they like to showoff anyway, just let them be..
N ofc, some hate it too..
😂

But still, toggle to turn it off is needed, dont force it to ppl who hate it..
N i just know last nite, there is a menu to turn it off on rog 5s..
So its just a bug which will fixed on next update..

CHOOZR
Zen Master I
https://zentalk.asus.com/zh/discussion/57708/%E9%81%8A%E6%88%B2%E6%88%AA%E5%9C%96%E8%A2%AB%E5%BC%B7%...
18.0410.2201.196 is being released today. taken from mandarin forum.
this update allow user to toggle it on or off.
personally, i dont think that this should be there, but at least its an option. Probably this feature could be for other streamers user who may have some monetary gain from advertising during their stream or sharing.