Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3 ASUS_I003D
Firmware Version: 18.0410.2106.138
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: constant
APP Name & APP Version: any/all
============================
Alright, so the notification LED seems to have stopped working today for ALL incoming notifications. The LED still works when recharging the phone, but not for notifications. It's not blinking for Gmail, Google Messages, games, smart home apps, etc.
I'm fairly certain it was working just fine yesterday, too. Just started having issues today. There doesn't appear to be an SMMI test for the notification LED so I can't test to see if it's a hardware issue.
I've gone into the settings (Display ➡️ Light management ➡️ LED indicator), made sure the option was enabled. Disabled it, enabled it, no change. Rebooted the device a couple of times, no change.
Tried checking previous threads about this, seems this has been a common issue across multiple ASUS phones (both ROG and Zen), with no clear solution.
It's not a major issue to me. I've had several phones that did away with the notification LED completely, but it is a nice feature to have... And if you have it, it would be great for it to be working, ya know?
17 REPLIES 17

BPM
Rising Star II
Still having issues with this...
I set a timer in the Clock app, and it didn't go off. In this case, the notification is still there, and it showed it was 2 minutes past the set interval, but it didn't go off until AFTER I switch to the Clock app.
I've gone into the app info, made sure battery optimization is disabled, all permissions are enabled, and just about all notification options are enabled... And yet the timer alarm still doesn't go off.
I've even cleared the cache/data and reinstalled the app. Nothing.
@Gustav_ASUS, @Irene2_ASUS, or anyone else... Any ideas?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Similar problem with Notifications' RGB back LED Aura lighting and sounds here https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/44112/rog-phone-3-rgb-back-led-aura-lighting-and-sounds-are-n...

It hasn't been fixed, and by reading issues with A11 I'm reluctant to upgrade to it, especially for the proximity sensor issue, among others.

o.O

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Megalox

Similar problem with Notifications' RGB back LED Aura lighting and sounds here https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/44112/rog-phone-3-rgb-back-led-aura-lighting-and-sounds-are-n...

It hasn't been fixed, and by reading issues with A11 I'm reluctant to upgrade to it, especially for the proximity sensor issue, among others.

o.O

View post
A11 is not having a single bug or atleast me and some of the users i am in contact with and for the proximity bug , its been fixed with latest .158 update with latest security patch and new dynamic themes , which i personally loved it

BPM
Rising Star II
Alright, so it happened again, and this time I took some screenshots to help illustrate the situation.
screenshot-20210831-103051905.png
In the above screenshot, you'll see the Clock notification is there, and that the timer is now over 4 minutes past when it should've gone off, but didn't.
screenshot-20210831-103100175.png
Only after I launch the Clock app does the timer alarm finally go off.

This only happens sometimes and not always. I hate to say it, but this never happened prior to upgrading to Android 11 (and I am currently on the most recent update).
I've checked permissions, I've checked notification settings. Not really sure what else I can do here to fix this...

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Megalox

o.O

View post
Feel free to upgrade, the latest A11 is 100% bug free, proximity bug and syncing bug has been fixed and everything is fully functional now.

@BPM have to ask, but did you to a factory reset? Also for me lately the notification works now since I found the cause for my particular problem. As you already noted, this isnt exacly uncommon for any phone to have buggy noticifaction LED, since it's typically android related with their battery optimization stuff. I assume your issue right now is caused by something that triggers some sort of battery saving mode when it does off.