Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kunai 3 Not working

Zexiar
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Kunai 3
Firmware Version: Latest, can't find it.
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Permanent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello. I connected the ROG Kunai 3 to my ROG Phone 3 to play and it worked fine until I got a prompt to update the firmware for the Kunai 3, so I tapped it. It said failed yo update and the right controller stopped working and would never responds, but the right controller still works.
I think this should be addressed very quickly as it basically bricked an expensive accessory.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

ZT-6498cb35
Star III
Zexiar

Sadly I'll take this as a hard lesson. this is the 3rd ROG Phone released and first I buy. With the awful bugs and issues I face with it. even tho it is advertised to be working with them. I will never buy an Asus phone in my life again after this. Unless they miraculously prove to me that their products are worth it, which I highly doubt they'll ever do, their phones are blacklisted forever for me.

View post
Hey, recently i connect kunai with that middle acc (acc to charge kunai) and use a cable to directly connected it to phone and it prompted to update firmware. Now my kunai can be used again. Maybe this method will help you too

View solution in original post

Zexiar
Star III
ashabusurur@gmail.com

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/142865#Comment_142865

Hey, recently i connect kunai with that middle acc (acc to charge kunai) and use a cable to directly connected it to phone and it prompted to update firmware. Now my kunai can be used again. Maybe this method will help you too

View post
Amazing! Thank you, Thank you! I did the same, I used a USB-C to USC-C and connected the Charging Piece which you mentioned to my ROG 3. I also got a prompt to update the firmware and it worked perfectly!
I attached a screenshot of the hardware version as well. The Charger Version is also V3.1.0
screenshot-20210108-184538981-1.jpg

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30

Zexiar
Star III
I'm bringing this up again as this should be solved. I've seen other facing the same problem on the Asus Armory app.

Zexiar
Star III
Still no update or response from Asus.
My issue has been around for almost a week now.

Zexiar
Star III
I contacted Costumer Service email, but they gave me no useful answer.
I'm pretty disappointed of this... a flagship phone should have better and proper support, and yet I got better support for a $150 phone more than a $1200 phone.

rogeriskira
Rising Star I
Please fix this I'm now afraid to update my incoming kunais