kpetrov
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 3
Firmware Version: last two a11 versions
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: non stop
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Im using Maps everyday and I have a problem with location. It refreshes very, very slow and navigation is not usable.
I need to clear Google Play Services cache and storage every time I open Maps or other navigation app to work properly.

15 REPLIES 15

ronald1985
Community Legend I
kpetrov

1. Model Name: Rog Phone 3
  2. Firmware Version: last two a11 versions
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: non stop
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

Im using Maps everyday and I have a problem with location. It refreshes very, very slow and navigation is not usable.

I need to clear Google Play Services cache and storage every time I open Maps or other navigation app to work properly.

GPS not working right on Android 11
Have you tried to uninstall updates and don't update the latest to see if it is better?
Is it only Maps app that's the problem?

kpetrov
Star III
I tried 3 navigation programs and the results are the same. GPS updates very , very slow. After cleaning Google Play Services cache and storage they are working fine for a while and then same thing happaning.

wayne_hbw
Star II
I'm having this problem as well. A10 no such issues. Now the GPS seems like dropping very often. I can keep seeing that the "searching for GPS." It can locate my position but very slowly. When I'm on the move, it will update extremely slow till no update.
What I had done and still not working.
1. Clear cache and storage in Google map.
2. Uninstall and reinstall Google map.
3. Reinstall A11. Only overwrite, not factory reset.
Now only left factory reset which I want to avoid at all cost.
Apps use.
Google Map, Waze.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
kpetrov

1. Model Name: Rog Phone 3
  2. Firmware Version: last two a11 versions
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: non stop
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

GPS not working right on Android 11
wayne.hbw

I'm having this problem as well. A10 no such issues. Now the GPS seems like dropping very often. I can keep seeing that the "searching for GPS." It can locate my position but very slowly. When I'm on the move, it will update extremely slow till no update.

What I had done and still not working.

1. Clear cache and storage in Google map.

2. Uninstall and reinstall Google map.

3. Reinstall A11. Only overwrite, not factory reset.

Now only left factory reset which I want to avoid at all cost.

Apps use.

Google Map, Waze.

View post
Go to Google Play Store and download GPS STatus Toolbox.
Press on top left and then hit the menu. Press on Manage A-GPS State and press on Download. You will need to be connected to the internet though.
Once done, go outside and start your maps app, it should hopefully start to use the satellites.