Double Tap to Wake not working

Saif_Munshi
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version - i could not find
not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Every time
I am using ROG phone 3 just received a brand new phone yesterday and i am facing the same problem as mentioned above. Double tap to screen off is working properly but Double tap to screen on and Swipe up to wake up is not working at all.
is this because of my Tampered glass? Or there is a problem with my Phone.

Gestures on Dark screen like W,S,Z to launch different apps are also not working. Inshort once the phone is locked/in idle mode none of the gestures work. Except 'lift to check phone'
is there something i am missing out or doing wrong. Please need help with this issue ASAP
========================================

15 REPLIES 15

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Saif Munshi

1. ROG Phone 3
  2. Firmware Version - i could not find
  3. not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Every time

I am using ROG phone 3 just received a brand new phone yesterday and i am facing the same problem as mentioned above. Double tap to screen off is working properly but Double tap to screen on and Swipe up to wake up is not working at all.

Gestures on Dark screen like W,S,Z to launch different apps are also not working. Inshort once the phone is locked/in idle mode none of the gestures work. Except 'lift to check phone'

is there something i am missing out or doing wrong. Please need help with this issue ASAP

Hi @Saif Munshi
This is a ROG 2 forum but similar to ROG 3 I guess. I would recommend posting on the ROG 3 forum which can be found here:
ROG Phone 3Just copy and paste what you have here in the ROG 3 forum.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Saif Munshi

1. ROG Phone 3
  2. Firmware Version - i could not find
  3. not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Every time

Even though I don't have ROG 3 but I can see it's working on ROG 2, I assumed you turned on Gesture in Settings - Advanced. Can you try it with Glove Mode on? (that's if ROG 3 have it). If it works, then it's the tempered glass.
The other thing to try is restart your phone, unlock your phone once with your PIN. Then turn off your screen and try the gesture then. If it works, then that would be something is making the gestures to sleep which I need to dig to find out which app it is.

Saif_Munshi
Star II
Hi ronald1985
I tried as you told me to turn the glove mode on and then try it but it doesn't work.
I also restated the phone i haven't kept any password, pin or pattern it's just swipe and tried the gesture but still nothing.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Saif Munshi

Hi ronald1985

I tried as you told me to turn the glove mode on and then try it but it doesn't work.

I also restated the phone i haven't kept any password, pin or pattern it's just swipe and tried the gesture but still nothing.

View post
Sorry, I can't think of anything else at the moment, but if I do, I will let you know. I've removed the PIN and security locks from my phone and it still works for me on ROG 2. Probably worth posting on ROG 3 forum to see if anyone else have the same problem.
If you want, you can put a screenshot of the gesture screen here so I can replicate the options you have.
But again, this is ROG 2 and ROG 3 might have this problem and not ROG 2. It's up to you.