andreist96
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 3
Firmware Version: provided in screenshot
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: everyday
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
I had this phone for almost 2 months now, tencent edition with ww rom from the seller.
For the first month i was getting decent on screen time, about 8hrs of gaming, auto screen refresh, brightness mostly at 50% and x mode rarely used.
All of a sudden the battery started to drain much faster, giving me emabarassing screen times.
Didnt leave the phone to charge above 100% (i did it only once to check the real mAh and gave me like 5750 mAh.. ok?)
Im wondering if this is a software issue or is it a faulty phone?
Phone was practically new, i inspected it carefully and saw no signs of use..
Screenshots provided, please advise..

10 REPLIES 10

CHOOZR
Zen Master I
cross flashed phones are not guaranteed to work well, probably you should go back to seller?
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/44774/psa-tencent-branded-rog-phone-3-with-global-internation...

andreist96
Star II
Thanks for your reply!
I figured that the games i play are performance demanding therefore more energy is consumed.
20% of charge give me about 3:30 hours of youtube which seem quite convenient.
Ill use bypass charging function when heavy gaming to preserve the battery health.
This thread can be closed.

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
andreist96

Thanks for your reply!

I figured that the games i play are performance demanding therefore more energy is consumed.

20% of charge give me about 3:30 hours of youtube which seem quite convenient.

Ill use bypass charging function when heavy gaming to preserve the battery health.

This thread can be closed.

View post
I can give you a tip tho

You are running almost 5-6 months old software of A10 and latest software is A11 with .172 ending as latest firmware , updating from A10 to A11 will improve performance , battery life and almost everything so i suggest you to update
You might encounter bugs after updating so just do factory reset in case of any bugs

andreist96
Star II
Saifuddin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/190704#Comment_190704

I can give you a tip tho

You are running almost 5-6 months old software of A10 and latest software is A11 with .171 ending as latest firmware , updating from A10 to A11 will improve performance , battery life and almost everything so i suggest you to update

You might encounter bugs after updating so just do factory reset in case of any bugs

View post
Thank you so much bro!
I was quite unsure about A11 functionality now and i was waiting for a stable version.
Taking into consideration what you said, ill give it a shot!
Have a great day!