cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenWifi XT8 - using time machine function for Mac

sawena
Star I

Hello
I have set up time machine with my ZenWifi XT8 and connected a 4TB SSD via USB.
The latest software is installed on my Macbook Air and my Asus router.
SSD Format: Mac OS journaled.
The set up worked smoothly and the Disk also backs up - ... for a while.
One time I managed to do a full back up (out of umteen trials). It even kept doing back-ups for a while. Then it said that the back-ups cannot reliably be restored and must be deleted.... 
I startet from scratch... same scenario. First it works, then it doesn't ... When it stops working, the XT8 keeps rebooting whenever the mac tries to access the SSD with time machine. 
It's no problem accessing the SSD from Mac finder - it is recognized and visible. I can even see the back up files,...
The time machine function of the XT8 is just frustrating and practically unsuable. It's so fragile, that an interruption can cause the regular backups to fail.... always, all the time... been trying for weeks.
Can anyone help me? ASUS support is not good and super tiring.

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS

@sawena 
Here we mainly discuss the issues/questions related to ASUS laptop.
For your Motherboard questions, I suggest you contact our local call center to have further assistance.
Please refer to below and find the link of local call center.
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# 
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.