System: Laptop
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: Asus Tuf  Dash F15
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
I wanted to increase the RAM and the SSD of my laptop and the laptop has an extra RAM slot which is empty and also an additional empty m.2 slot for the SSD.
I opened the back panel and installed both the Ram and the SSD and when turning the laptop on it was really slow. We took it to an official service centre and they told us that since we tried to do the upgrade ourselves the warranty is voided...
I just bought the laptop last January and i bought my partner another laptop this Monday and we did the same thing.
Would you kindly confirm that this is true?
Thanks & Regards

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS
GabriellaGalea
  1. System: Laptop
  2. Battery or AC: Battery
  3. Model: Asus Tuf  Dash F15
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

I wanted to increase the RAM and the SSD of my laptop and the laptop has an extra RAM slot which is empty and also an additional empty m.2 slot for the SSD.

I opened the back panel and installed both the Ram and the SSD and when turning the laptop on it was really slow. We took it to an official service centre and they told us that since we tried to do the upgrade ourselves the warranty is voided...

I just bought the laptop last January and i bought my partner another laptop this Monday and we did the same thing.

Would you kindly confirm that this is true?

Thanks & Regards

Warranty Void
@GabriellaGalea
It depends on how you replace it. If you disassemble it to a place where it cannot be disassembled, it may indeed affect the warranty.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.