This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUF A17 adding 2nd ssd

wpsmithii
Star I

Hi, just received my new FA707NV and need to add the second SSD. Having a really hard time removing the factory retaining screw.  An impact screwdriver is my next thought, unless I hear differently. If you need it the serial number is R6N**********. also, I would like to know what the actual memory capacity is, or why it's restricted to 24gb.  I had 6tb of storage in my old Dell and could have 128gb of ram. I know the processor supports more than 24. I'm putting 8tb of internal storage in this one. Thanks in advance Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

wpsmithii
Star I

Hey, I hate to tell you this but, my TUF is happily running EIGHT TB 2x4 of internal storage. My old Dell 5520 precision was running 6 TB. If you wish I will enclose a screen shot of Device Manager.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS

@wpsmithii
Your laptop has two memory slots, and a single slot supports a maximum of 16GB. In total, the laptop can be upgraded to 32GB of memory (DDR5 4800mHz). As for the SSD part, your laptop has two SSD slots. Each slot can accommodate a 2TB SSD, so in total, you can install up to 4TB. Thank you.

wpsmithii
Star I

Hey, I hate to tell you this but, my TUF is happily running EIGHT TB 2x4 of internal storage. My old Dell 5520 precision was running 6 TB. If you wish I will enclose a screen shot of Device Manager.

@wpsmithii
The data we provide is based on the stability of the laptop.
Thank you very much for your information updates and contributions.