System: Windows 11
Battery or AC: both
Model: Asus TUF DASH F15
Frequency of occurrence: every few days
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
This is my second ASUS TUF DASH F15 laptop - first one I returned because of the same issue (and a software issue with flickering).
What happens is - my fans seem to be working fine, there is no overheating problem and I run diagnosis roughly every 2 days since there was something wrong with the previous laptop I bought. Everything was fine, zero problems, and suddenly - "there might be an issue with your fan". I recently updated BIOS and everything, I do two more diagnosis, the problem dissapears. Today, again - "there might be a problem with your fan".

I have had this laptop for less than a week and am starting to worry if i need to return it again because it seems there is always something wrong. I have read on this forum it might be a MYASUS software issue - is that correct? Do I need to worry?
On the laptop that I was returning that had a persistent 'there may be a problem with a fan', before packing it and sending it back I ran a diagnostic and it was fine, the problem dissapeared. So it just randomly appears and dissapears.

While inquiring with technical support, they just keep telling me to send my laptop in for a repair, but as I said, the laptop is one week old and I work from it full-time. I can't afford to be sending it in every other week for a repair when it's a brand new machine.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear all,
My ASUS 3.0.32.0 has been released to solve the fan diagnosis issue.
Please kindly help to update.
Thank you.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

jesterdampil1
Star II
I'm having the same problem with this laptop. I ran diagnosis as well, and it had one problem, which is the fan: "there may be an issue with your fan."

jknowicka
Star II
jesterdampil1

I'm having the same problem with this laptop. I ran diagnosis as well, and it had one problem, which is the fan: "there may be an issue with your fan."

View post
I read on here ​MyAsus Fan Problem — ZenTalk that it might be a problem with the MyAsus software - I had it happen with two laptops, both treated like babies (one 2 weeks old, this one 1 week old). I'm just stressing out when I should not be with a brand new device.

Showrav
Star I
Same config and same problem. There seems to be a hardware issue too because when I turn on "Turbo" mode from armoury crate, the left fan sounds less. I bought it last week. Did not play a game. I have been using for IntelliJ and Android Studio. 6 hours/day on max battery live-saving.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear all,
If you are using MyASUS V3.0.29.0 at this moment, please don't worry,
the fan diagnosis issue is known and will be solved in V3.0.32.0.
Thank you.