This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy WiFi Clients Cannot See Other More Modern Devices on the Same Network?

raoulduke661
Star I
Recently, I upgraded my creaking, 10-year old Apple Airport WiFi base station and repeater network to an ASUS ZenWiFi AX6600 XT8 system with two routers, one base, the other acts as the repeater. Signal strength, speeds and stability are now off the charts. Loving it. 
However, I seem to have lost some legacy wifi clients with the upgrade.  I have four Logitech media servers, two Squeezebox Touch and two Squeezebox Radios. I put all four on the new network, and everything operated perfectly for the first one or two days. Then, one by one, my units lost their connection to the Logitech Media Server (v.8.2.0) that I run on my Mac Pro (OS 11.6), rendering them worthless.  This is baffling, because I can see the devices on the network via the router’s GUI, but apparently they cannot see my Mac Pro on the same network.  
I have trolled through the ASUS Support FAQs on the AT8 and WiFi mesh in general, but I cannot figure out what the problem is or how I can fix it.  Is it a question of my older devices not able to use the 5Ghz frequencies? I would figure a dual-band system as advanced as the XT8 could sort this, but I am not an absolute expert with wifi networks, and the GUI is somewhat overwhelming.  Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you!
0 REPLIES 0