This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!! My laptop keeps heating up when doing notting syddenly

Azzam2247
Star II

So suddely i noticed that fans are not really turning off which is unusal  so i tried the silent mode and the fan sopped by by slowly the cpu temp keeps risng from 54 to 70 within couple of min and i have noting turned on in the background or any thing so please help me with this issue my laptop is a asus tuf dash f 15 fx507zm

3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS

@Azzam2247
Based on your description, the fan's behavior is normal.
For more information on the fan's operation, we recommend referring to the following FAQ.
Thank you.

[Windows 11/10] Troubleshooting - Overheating and Fan issues
The device's fan contributes to air circulation, maintaining a stable and safe internal temperature for operation. The fan's speed adjusts based on the CPU/GPU temperature; when the system runs resource-intensive programs like gaming, video editing, conversion, or heavy data processing, the CPU/GPU temperature rises, prompting the fan to accelerate, facilitating more cool air through the heat sink to achieve cooling. Thus, you may notice louder fan noise.

If airflow is obstructed due to dust, hair, or debris blocking vents or the fan, insufficient cooling may lead to performance issues. If you encounter fan non-operation, consistently high speeds, or noticeable noise, refer to this troubleshooting guide.

Note: If the device temperature doesn't exceed the fan activation threshold, the fan won't operate.

MyASUS – Device Settings
Fan Profile  *The features supported will vary by model. 

Fan profile is the setting that allows users to customize fan speed for different workloads on selected models with an ultra-slim chassis.

There are three modes to choose from. With this feature selected, you can have a quiet operating environment through a balance between temperature and performance

Standard mode -- Dynamically selects the best fan speed for everyday tasks
Whisper mode -- Dynamically minimizes fan speed for the quietest operation
Performance mode -- Dynamically maximizes cooling performance for demanding tasks

But why dose the temp spike up slowly the moment i power on the laptop tho no application or anything is open, and i been using it for a year never had notice anything like it before

@Azzam2247 
When the computer is operating, it generates heat, which needs to be dissipated by the fan. 
As mentioned in the above FAQ, dust can also affect the fan's noise and speed. 
If you still have concerns, we recommend taking your laptop to a service center for further inspection.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location 

Also you can contact the local service center for help.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# 

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.