Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FX706HE DTS:X Ultra effects are not working

brambedkar59
Star III

Model: Tuf F17 (FX706HE)

BIOS: 311

Audio Driver version: 6.0.9427.1

Issue: DTS:X Ultra effects are not working anymore, doesn't matter what audio profile (music, movie, etc.) I choose they all sound same.

Frequency of occurrence: Always

Troubleshooting done so far: I tried uninstalling audio drivers and let windows install them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

brambedkar59
Star III

I found the problem, it was Windows Update installing bad drivers. For the device "DTS Audio effects component" Windows Update was installing version "1.10.19.1" while latest version provided my "My Asus" is "1.10.18.0".

So I uninstalled Realtek audio drivers, DTS Audio effects component, everything I could find related to DTS or Realtek Audio in device manager and DTS UWP app. Rebooted (disabled internet before so that Windows Update won't screw up again) after that installed fresh drivers downloaded from My Asus, rebooted, enabled internet again and Hide bad updates with "Hide Windows Updates Tool" and problem is gone.

Hope this helps the next person who has same issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Falcon_ASUS

@brambedkar59 
Could you please tell me what's the DTS version you are currently using?
Thank you.

brambedkar59
Star III

I found the problem, it was Windows Update installing bad drivers. For the device "DTS Audio effects component" Windows Update was installing version "1.10.19.1" while latest version provided my "My Asus" is "1.10.18.0".

So I uninstalled Realtek audio drivers, DTS Audio effects component, everything I could find related to DTS or Realtek Audio in device manager and DTS UWP app. Rebooted (disabled internet before so that Windows Update won't screw up again) after that installed fresh drivers downloaded from My Asus, rebooted, enabled internet again and Hide bad updates with "Hide Windows Updates Tool" and problem is gone.

Hope this helps the next person who has same issue.

@brambedkar59 
Thanks for the update.