This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dash F15 not working with HP Reverb G2 (vertical bars)

trduff
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Model: Dash F15
Frequency of occurrence: everytime
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Used a thunderbolt to displayport in the Dash F15 thunderbolt port to connect to the Reverb G2. Windows mixed reality app finds the Reverb G2, the displays turn on but are showing vertical bars. Items in screen are tracking, but no color, mostly vertical bars. sometimes the right screen does work.
I'm only testing through the Windows mixed reality portal.
It almost seems like it isn't using/activating the Nvidia 3070 card, since the graphics usage stays low and the dash doesn't get warm and the fans stay off.
The Reverb G2 works in my desktop computer with an ASUS 3080 TUF installed.
56 REPLIES 56

john_barker
Star I
I tried a powered Orico TB3-S1 that is thunderbolt 3 compatible and also has the displayport and USB-C connections. I had exactly the same issue as with the cable matters USB-C to displayport adapter cable

haroldasj
Star I
I have the same problem with this model.
I tried thunderbolt 3 to DisplayPort 1.4 adapter, but vertical bars exists.
I have 2 theories :
First - Thunderbolt to DisplayPort adapters are only DP 1.2 version, but no 1.3 or 1.4, Can anybody confirm have adapter with 1.3-1.4 ? You "just" need TV with 8K or monitor with 4K, but > 60Hz (exampl. 90, 120, 200 Hz).
Second - our laptop Thunderbolt 4 DisplayPort has only Intel video card output, because Nvidia output are dedicated to HDMI output, and we cannot get rates more than 4K to output on Intel Iris xe on thunderbolt. I will check it, because i have LG thunderbolt monitor with 5K resolution.

haroldasj
Star I
I think found answer and it's very sad 😞
Thunderbolt port are connected to Intel iris, but no Nvidia. I checked the same on other my laptop, that is connected to headset throw mini DisplayPort and there are Location Nvidia.....
screenshot-2021-04-07-202730.png

trduff
Star II
Thanks haroldasj, mine is showing the same thing.
Ok ASUS, does this mean the Nvidia GPU is not connected at all to the thunderbolt port?
If so, why is this notebook advertised as being compatible with Windows Mixed Reality Ultra, if the DP is not connected to the Nvidia GPU?
Windows Mixed Reality Ultra is not compatible with an HDMI connector.
I have now ordered an HDMI to DP converter to verify if this will/won't work over the HDMI port.

trduff
Star II
HDMI to DisplayPort didn't work either, gives a 1-5 error.
Can we get confirmation if the built-in displayport is directly connected to the Nvidia GPU?
Or at least how did the engineers at ASUS plan on using Windows Mixed Reality Ultra with this computer?