System: Windows 11 64bit
Battery or AC: AC
Model: ASUS ROG Strix G15 G513QR-HF010T / Asus Zenscreen MB166C
Frequency of occurrence: always
Reset OS: hm?
Screenshot or video: not needed
========================
Detailed description:
HeyI just unboxed my new Asus Zenscreen MB166C and tried connecting it to my ASUS ROG Strix G15 G513QR-HF010T. I tried both through a direct USB-C connection as well as through a docking station with a separate power supply.
In both cases - Zenscreen powers up, Windows makes a notification sound 2 times and then Zenscreen powers down saying "no USB-C signal". Clearly - there is power (this device doesn't have a battery or other power sources). I tried with the provided cable as well as other high-quality cables with the same result.
I have also installed the app and drivers from here the asus website (this stupid form forbids me from pasting a link...) which didn't change anything.
Please advise what may be the cause of it and whether it can be fixed.
best regards,
RD
1 REPLY 1

Falcon_ASUS
woohaas
  1. System: Windows 11 64bit
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: ASUS ROG Strix G15 G513QR-HF010T / Asus Zenscreen MB166C
  4. Frequency of occurrence: always
  5. Reset OS: hm?
  6. Screenshot or video: not needed

========================

Detailed description:

HeyI just unboxed my new Asus Zenscreen MB166C and tried connecting it to my ASUS ROG Strix G15 G513QR-HF010T. I tried both through a direct USB-C connection as well as through a docking station with a separate power supply.

In both cases - Zenscreen powers up, Windows makes a notification sound 2 times and then Zenscreen powers down saying "no USB-C signal". Clearly - there is power (this device doesn't have a battery or other power sources). I tried with the provided cable as well as other high-quality cables with the same result.

I have also installed the app and drivers from here the asus website (this stupid form forbids me from pasting a link...) which didn't change anything.

Please advise what may be the cause of it and whether it can be fixed.

best regards,

RD

Cannot detect Asus Zenscreen MB166C on my ASUS ROG Strix G15 G513QR-HF010T
@woohaas
I would suggest that you do a swap test of the devices to figure out which end the problem is on.
If the laptop is connected to other screens through USB-C, can it be displayed normally?
Or, if ZenScreen is connected to other devices through USB-C, can it be used normally?
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.