This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Tuf Gaming A15 constantly locking up/screen goes black/BSOD

Gullydwarf
Star I
System will lock up and BSOD randomly and often, system will also lock up and screen will go black requiring me to hardboot the system to start it, system will BSOD immediately after restarting from a BSOD. I have tried reinstalling windows, updating all drivers and BIOS directly from ASUS website, I have tried several other uninstall and reinstall of GPU drivers and nothing is working. I need help!!!!!
7 REPLIES 7

Pythius
Star III
I have the same issue on my Asus Tuf A15 2020. (FA506IV) A sudden black screen and then only option is hard reset. (I have a video of it!) I have lot's of applications open and every time i spend enormous time to get back where i left.
I generally encoutered this when system is idle. So i thinked the issue is about sleep/hibernation. But moments ago it happened when i'm using it! I checked windows event viewer and didn't found anything suspicious. But now i suspect ftpm!
I must say that i really hate my laptop. More than two years it only produced problems to me. And the biggest problem is AMD's ftpm stuttering that you don't admit! Those random, not expected stutterings can make a people sick in real. I think i will sue Asus in the end.
Here is my first post in this forum, more than 1 year before AMD accepts the stuttering issue about ftpm:
Pythius

I have the same issue on my FA506IV.

Actually i think that the problem is related with AMD cpu. But i can't prove. Asus should adress this issue. Maybe it has no fix but at least we know that they tried! If Asus continue to be silent on this problem, i will never buy any Asus products again.

View post
I wrote this comment in Feb 2021. In the summer of 2021, people who have option to disable it started to understand that the issue is related with ftpm. In March 2022 AMD accepted the problem and started to work on a fix. Meanwhile in ZENTALK, you IGNORED the issue all the time. Now how can i know that the stuttering don't cause these blackscreens? Maybe sometimes it only stutters but sometimes it cause other problems to happen? How can i know that if can't have an option to disable it?
We need a new bios with AGESA 1207 or a new bios with option to disable ftpm.
Those laptops you sold to us are NOT STABLE products. You should rebrand TUF to betaTUF, ROG to betaROG. Thank you.

Falcon_ASUS
Gullydwarf

System will lock up and BSOD randomly and often, system will also lock up and screen will go black requiring me to hardboot the system to start it, system will BSOD immediately after restarting from a BSOD. I have tried reinstalling windows, updating all drivers and BIOS directly from ASUS website, I have tried several other uninstall and reinstall of GPU drivers and nothing is working. I need help!!!!!

ASUS Tuf Gaming A15 constantly locking up/screen goes black/BSOD
@Gullydwarf
Please refer to the following FAQ for troubleshooting.
[Notebook/Desktop/AIO] Troubleshooting - How to fix Blue Screen Errors in Windows (BSOD) | Official ...If the situation remains the same, according to what you described, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/ Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

dl16
Star I
I have the same problem with my Asus Tuf A15. In the last few months it started randomly getting random BSOD, random GSOD, random black screens, reboots and sometimes they happen even before windows 11 boots! I have tried re-installing Windows 10, Windows 11, with minimum software and the same thing happens over and over. I have changed the RAM for newer ram, same issues. I have updated drivers, disabled some drivers. I have limited the CPU through power management, I have ran Memory diagnostics, Instrumentation diagnostics, hard disk checks, MyAsus diagnosis, installed and uninstalled Windows updates, Nvidia drivers, disabled one graphics card for the other and still the issues persist. Nothing shows up in Event Viewer, all tests and checks I've done pass with green checkmarks YET I can't get this laptop to stay on for more than a few minutes before the issues occur.
My laptop is only 2 years old and at the price I paid, I would have thought it would last me another year or two but alas my next step is to throw this laptop in the TRASH and NEVER EVER buy a single ASUS product ever again. The warranty is expired and I have to PAY crazy fees to return it to ASUS only to be told that I will likely need to buy a new laptop. NO THANK YOU! It was fun while it lasted ASUS, but our romance has come to an END. Avoid this laptop like the plague, trust me, nothing good will come out of it! You have been told!
PS: I tried to take pictures but the screens stay for 3 seconds each time and I can't be bothered at this point.
Oh and one more thing, to add to the SHENANIGANS that is called ASUS and for a good laugh at this point... Their Service Centre link above brings you to a country map. I click on Canada - then Toronto. There is one service location with NO INFORMATION on how to get in touch with them. There is NO telephone support whatsoever, even after the pandemic has been over for months and their link to go to a Support chat IS BROKEN! If that doesn't seal the deal for you, I don't know what will!

Pythius
Star III
@dl16
My friend, in 2020 and early 2021, we tried to solve these stutterings and tried lot's of things. You know that these stutterings has no trace in Windows. You can only measure latency or you can capture it in screen recordings. These BSOD's and reboots also happen without any reason. You couldn't find anything related with them. So i think these random black screens and reboots are also happening due to ftpm.
I use my laptop for work. I have lot's of apps and files. So i never had the time to send it to the service. I never had the time to transfer my work environment to another computer. After AMD accepts the issue, i'm positive about the issue will be fixed and wait for the update but it never came and mods here are still speaking like ftpm stuttering is happening in a parallel universe... My warranty also expired. But i'm gonna sue them in the end. Because this is not a warranty issue. These devices were "defective products" when they were sold to us! I started to prepare things. I want justice and i'm gonna have it soon or later.