This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS TUF Dash F15 FX516PR laptop from 2021.

akajef
Star I

Hi,

Is it any administrators, moderators or users of ASUS ZenTalk who have experience or insight with BIOS on a ASUS TUF Dash F15 FX516PR laptop from 2021, and with wrong settings in condition to hertz or mega hertz for display settings? The newest BIOS updates have bugs for many of these models and the display won't even show itself on a startup. The laptop is not even compatible with higher framerate with more than 60.000 Hz, but the BIOS or firmware configuration are on higher settings after the update is completed. This is the most absurd experience I've ever had with ASUS laptops in my thirty years of experience as an IT engineer. I'm actually blaming Intel for this mess and not ASUS. I tried to contact Intel about it and it seems there's just customer reptresentatives of inexperienced people who is working for their customer support.
All of what they usually know is to ask for a phone number when customers calls them.
Intel even have a Discord channel I tried to request help and support from, but they who administrates the channel didn't understand anything of my inquiry other than to block my username on the channel.
Even a more dismal and tragic experience.

Have a good day!

Regards,

@Falcon_ASUS 
@ASUS TUF Dash F15 FX516PR
#FX516PR

4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS

@akajef
Could you please provide more specific details about your usage or a description of the issues you are encountering?
If possible, please share a video or images of the problem occurring. Also, provide the current BIOS version, system version (operating system build numbers), and display driver version you are using for further confirmation. Thank you.

@Falcon_ASUS

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

It's without purpose by showing you a video because the screen is off and on or barely visible most of the times.
All accurate drivers were already installed before the incident occured.
Intel and nVIDIA display drivers. Automatic BIOS updates are garbage because of situations like this when everything was fine with the laptop before these updates.

BIOS version are as follows.

- BIOS information

BIOS vendor: American Megatrends.
EC version: FG060F10.310.
GOP version: 17.0.1045.
Processor information: 11th gen Intel(R) Core (TM), i7-11370H @ 3.30 GHz.
Version: 330.

- Memory information

Total memory: 16384 MB.

The issues were with the BIOS updates releated to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit at first.  A  "mandatory" BIOS and firmware update that suddenly updated my laptop in December and the last one in January.
Windows updates were post-poned as they usually are every single month or so, and I sometimes stop these services in Windows, but unfortunatly it can oversteer these settings as well by not being like how I want it in my favor. These are the things I still  dislike about Windows operative systems after all these years. Created by high consumptions. After these two updates in December and the last one suddenly installed in January, the display framerate started to have issues on that laptop screen. The framerate increased between 60.000Hz to 140.000Hz and interlaced lines started to appear at times and flickering. The reason fo why I know the framerate had changed was that I looked on this before the issues started to become worse.
I have even connected a second monitor to the laptop by using the nVIDIA graphic card and to find a solution for troubleshooting the integrated Intel graphic card that is mainly used for Windows. But suddenly I couldn't see anything in the end of re-installations of drivers. I have not done anything wrong because I'm a professional user and IT engineer. The people who creates new BIOS updates have stolen my money that I invested in this laptop.

Have a good day!

Regards,

@akajef
Due to the way your feedback is presented in a descriptive manner, it's challenging for us to understand the actual condition of your laptop. 
Additionally, you mentioned system updates. Have you tried reinstalling the laptop system to initially rule out whether the issue is related to the system?
If the problem persists after reinstalling the system, it may indicate a potential fault with the screen itself or other components, and we recommend sending it for further inspection. 
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location 
Also you can contact the local service center for help.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# 
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

@Falcon_ASUS 

Maybe you can at least give me a single KUDOS for having effort to provide so much information about an issue like this that is definitly going to appeal and be relateed for other users of this "forum". Unbelievable!

Good weekend!

Best regards,