System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: G14
Frequency of occurrence: permanent
Reset OS: no/yes
Screenshot or video:

========================
Detailed description:

The battery of this Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 is losing capacity with every charge.
As you can see on the attached picture (or the report itself) it dropped drastically by 8% just in 2 days.
What could be the reason ?
asus-g14-batterypng-png.png

5 REPLIES 5

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello grizmin,
Please kindly double check if your BIOS and ASUS System Control Interface V2 driver have been updated
Thank you.

grizmin
Star I
Hello Blake,

Everything is up-to-date - bios and drivers.
I didn't mentioned, that the the laptop was in ASUS service center by the time it started losing battery capacity. If you look at 20-11-05 - this is the time when service center engineer started working on the laptop. On 20-11-06 I started the laptop for 1st time and I noticed the capacity drop. I suspect, that they discharged the battery somehow while the OS was powered off which led to this.
I have no idea what software they run and how this happened, I can only assume what happened.
At this moment the battery is not fully charging. The only good news is, that the capacity stopped decreasing at 71.679, but still, this is massive capacity loss in few charges.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello grizmin,
Thank you for providing more information.
If this issue happen after repair. Please kindly contact service center as soon as possible.
If there is any issue during this process, please let me know your RMA number so I can track internally.
Thank you.

grizmin
Star I
Hi Blake,

I wanted to let you know, that the capacity started to recover slowly. Currently it's 74.126 and with every charge it recovers with like ~ 400mWh. I will not send it to service center yet.

Thank you for your help! Much appreciated!