cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really Loud Fans ASUS ROG Zephyrus S17 GX701LWS

cebolitos
Visitor

Hello,

The left-side fans of my ASUS ROG Zephyrus S17 (GX701LWS) recently started making a very loud noise. Previously, there was some noise, especially during rendering or gaming, which I assumed came from the GPU fans, which is normal.

However, last week the general cooling fans began producing a much louder and more annoying sound. This seems unrelated to the GPU, as the noise starts as soon as the computer powers on and persists even when the system is idle.

This issue might be hardware-related, but it began after I updated some drivers through Windows Update, including the BIOS. Could this be the cause of the problem? I've tried updating and rolling back some drivers, but nothing has resolved the issue.

I've heard that fan problems are somewhat common with ASUS, but I take great care of my device, so I didn’t expect this to happen. Unfortunately, it seems I was wrong.

Could you please help me identify the cause of the issue and provide a possible solution? Additionally, is there any specialized ASUS support near the Gold Coast area?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

0 REPLIES 0