cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS A17 FA707RE Freezing Issues

gamme40
Star I

Hi Everyone,

Thought i'd share some experience with this laptop.

It seems to overheat, which causes the laptop to freeze/games to crash. After diagnosing the issue quite deeply. I have found that the solution was to set manual profiles with the armoury crate to help alleviate the weird fan profile settings from turbo and such. This helped tremendously.

My settings are as follows but of a first draft. Someone with apt knowledge could help better them.

CPU:

40%/39C - 60%/49C -70%/59C - 90%/69C - 100%/79C+

GPU

40%/39C - 61%/49C - 82%/59C - 100%/69C+

The above settings helps keep the CPU and GPU cool under strain alleviating the freezing issues etc. The following drivers are used with the versions detailed. (It was not even a driver related issue)

AMD RYZEN 7 6800H

31.0.12029.10015 (Adrenaline 22.11.2)

NVIDIA RTX 3050Ti

31.0.15.1691 (NVIDIA 516.91)

Hopefully this will help the ASUS community. The turbo mode, silent and performance mode settings on the armoury crate never utilize the full potential of the fans causing the overheating issues and freezing issues. Possibly have not been customized in specific for this model.

2 REPLIES 2

gamme40
Star I

Just an update to this thread,

I've dialled the issue down to driver related issues.

I've purged the pc of all known graphics drivers and installed the following which gives the computer complete stability

NVIDIA:

30.0.15.1278 (NVIDIA 512.78)

AMD:

31.0.12029.10015 (Adrenaline 22.11.2)

The NVIDIA Driver was taken from the ASUS website itself (It was JUST THE DRIVER ONLY) and the AMD Driver was taken from the AMD Website but i chose to install ONLY the driver.

Furthermore I used DDU v18.0.5.9 to uninstall the graphic drivers.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.