This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance for BIOS update to allow disabling fTPM?

Hamstray
Rising Star I
System: Windows 10 64-bit
Battery or AC: AC
Model: Zephyrus G15 GA503QS
Frequency of occurrence: Random
Reset OS: Too Many Times
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Hello, since AMD have officially acknowledged the fTPM stutter issues that have been plaguing me since getting my laptop, would it be possible for ASUS to release a new version of my laptop's BIOS that allows me to disable fTPM until and if an actual fix arrives? I know AMD claims to have something in the works but it still requires waiting at least until May, and even then it might not even work in the end. In any case I'd like to be able to disable fTPM, I don't think it's right to force it on me.
Unfortunately the support in my country is a complete travesty (they still ignore the fTPM issue even though it's been in news media and AMD themselves said the issue exists, in fact before the issue got official recognition they went as far as trying to convince me that 1. my laptop doesn't have any TPM and 2. that AMD chipsets don't support TPM in general) so I can't get any assistance from them.
89 REPLIES 89

Hamstray
Rising Star I
GEEK_ASUS

Hi @Hamstray ,

Because disable fTPM may have the risk of data security, we could not take disable fTPM as a short term solution.

Sorry for the inconvinience.

Also the engineering team would like to know further about the folloing:

1. is there any situation or when play any specific game can always have shutter issue?
  2. how do you eliminate other reasons and make sure the issue is related to fTPM?

Thank you very much.

If it's ok with you, we still suggest you go to service center to have further inspection.

View post
Unlike for you, this issue is very important for me, so I'm going to have to insist you give relevant, direct, clear answers to my questions -
is ASUS planning to release any BIOS update for laptops such as mine in the near future?
if so, will it include a fix to the AMD fTPM stutter issue ASUS knows exists?
when is it planned to be released (if at all)?
oh, and also, let us disable fTPM

Hamstray
Rising Star I
Ah, and now my new posts are being hidden "for review". I see.

Hamstray
Rising Star I
I'll re-iterate my request that's been eaten up -
is ASUS planning a BIOS update for laptops like mine in the near future?
if so, will it include a fix to the AMD fTPM stutter issue?
when will it be released (if ever)?

Hamstray
Rising Star I
I see you finished "reviewing" that post, that's nice. On the other hand, your abject refusal to give any useful answers concerning the AMD fTPM stutter issue, or the time-frame for releasing a fix for it for our laptops, paints a rather grim picture.
Also let us disable the fTPM.

Hamstray
Rising Star I
I'm sure you're hoping I'll get tired of posting here, but since I suffer from micro-stutters almost daily at times that's hardly gonna happen.
Give us an estimate for the AMD fTPM stutter fix for our laptops, and also let us disable fTPM. I'm sincerely starting to suspect that you decided to just drop real support for our laptops, it makes me wonder which models are recent enough to get lucky and actually receive a BIOS update with the fix.