This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance for BIOS update to allow disabling fTPM?

Hamstray
Rising Star I
System: Windows 10 64-bit
Battery or AC: AC
Model: Zephyrus G15 GA503QS
Frequency of occurrence: Random
Reset OS: Too Many Times
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Hello, since AMD have officially acknowledged the fTPM stutter issues that have been plaguing me since getting my laptop, would it be possible for ASUS to release a new version of my laptop's BIOS that allows me to disable fTPM until and if an actual fix arrives? I know AMD claims to have something in the works but it still requires waiting at least until May, and even then it might not even work in the end. In any case I'd like to be able to disable fTPM, I don't think it's right to force it on me.
Unfortunately the support in my country is a complete travesty (they still ignore the fTPM issue even though it's been in news media and AMD themselves said the issue exists, in fact before the issue got official recognition they went as far as trying to convince me that 1. my laptop doesn't have any TPM and 2. that AMD chipsets don't support TPM in general) so I can't get any assistance from them.
89 REPLIES 89

Hamstray
Rising Star I
And I'm sure you'll coincidentally get the confirmation in a week or two right after I ask for an update yet again (maybe twice), I know the deal
e: your post with a confirmed release schedule also better include an explanation as to why ASUS doesn't want me to be able to disable fTPM

GEEK_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi @Hamstray , @GreyWind ,
Please check your PM.
Thank you.

Hamstray
Rising Star I
This better result in something productive rather than wasting our time even more, though based on the fact your DM suggests you and the techs still don't know AMD has acknowledged the issue I'm not too hopeful

asusgmaing
Star II
The fact that we aren't even given the option to disable fTPM is the worst part of all of this. They are slow to release fixes and we can't even use the workaround in the meantime, definitely will be looking to purchase from MSI/other brands with less restrictive BIOS in the future.

Hamstray
Rising Star I
Hey, an idea - maybe instead of asking us to send you details and specifics on the issues we're having, you instead go have a talk to the (I guess??) entirely different tech team in charge of coding the BIOS for ASUS PRIME A320M-K and similar motherboards who have recently put out an update that supposedly fixes the AMD fTPM issue
In other words, stop wasting our time with this clearly needless busy work and have your BIOS programmers do their jobs already. Also explain why ASUS is against letting us disable the fTPM.
And either way let us disable the fTPM.