This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance for BIOS update to allow disabling fTPM?

Hamstray
Rising Star I
System: Windows 10 64-bit
Battery or AC: AC
Model: Zephyrus G15 GA503QS
Frequency of occurrence: Random
Reset OS: Too Many Times
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Hello, since AMD have officially acknowledged the fTPM stutter issues that have been plaguing me since getting my laptop, would it be possible for ASUS to release a new version of my laptop's BIOS that allows me to disable fTPM until and if an actual fix arrives? I know AMD claims to have something in the works but it still requires waiting at least until May, and even then it might not even work in the end. In any case I'd like to be able to disable fTPM, I don't think it's right to force it on me.
Unfortunately the support in my country is a complete travesty (they still ignore the fTPM issue even though it's been in news media and AMD themselves said the issue exists, in fact before the issue got official recognition they went as far as trying to convince me that 1. my laptop doesn't have any TPM and 2. that AMD chipsets don't support TPM in general) so I can't get any assistance from them.
89 REPLIES 89

Falcon_ASUS
Hamstray

I'm sure you're hoping I'll get tired of posting here, but since I suffer from micro-stutters almost daily at times that's hardly gonna happen.

Give us an estimate for the AMD fTPM stutter fix for our laptops, and also let us disable fTPM. I'm sincerely starting to suspect that you decided to just drop real support for our laptops, it makes me wonder which models are recent enough to get lucky and actually receive a BIOS update with the fix.

View post
@Hamstray
What you mentioned is not necessarily the cause of the game lag, it may also be caused by other reasons.
As in our previous reply, the engineering team would like to know further about the following:
is there any situation or when play any specific game can always have shutter issue?
how do you eliminate other reasons and make sure the issue is related to fTPM?
Alternatively, we sincerely hope that you can go to our service center to have further inspection.
I have sent you a message, you could provide your contact information via the PM, we will notify the engineer at your location for further confirmation. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Hamstray
Rising Star I
Oh great, and now you employ the tactic of switching support reps so we can waste more time repeating steps.
Here's the deal - the engineering team's questions Do Not Matter
I know that you know they don't matter, that you're just drawing more time without giving the answers we need while making it seem like you're doing something productive here.
I already said why too - even if in my specific case it wasn't the fTPM, that wouldn't change the fact that the AMD fTPM stutter issue exists! It's a real issue that exists, AMD acknowledged it, you yourselves have put out BIOS patches with a reputed fix for the issue, except not for our laptops for some weird reason.
But just for fun
it can happen anywhere, anytime, no matter what I'm doing, playing games, watching videos, listening to music, online or offline, at all times at random it can show up
you know this is a dumb question, there's literally no way to eliminate every single possible issue a computer might have to become completely certain it's caused by a specific thing, unless, get this, I could check if the issue still persists when the specific thing (in this case fTPM) isn't a factor.
In other words, if you let me disable the fTPM, I could actually for sure verify if the problem isn't caused by it. I disable the fTPM, stutters still happen? Not an fTPM issue.
I've already said this before, but of course you changed support agents so that I'll have to repeat these things and you can spend another month or two not actually giving us answers
Also we both know your tech labs are useless and your enforced PC diagnosis tests aren't built to detect issues in the fTPM, making any further lab tests a huge waste of time (another thing I've already explained but you switched agents so I'll have to repeat this)
is your engineering team that's really ignorant of current Tech news and even ignorant of what your other engineering teams are doing planning any BIOS updates for our laptops?
if so, will it include a fix for the AMD fTPM stutter?
when will it be released (if ever)?
let us disable the fTPM

GreyWind
Star II
i have the exact same random stutters/hang ups, randomly, anywhere, brand new OS installed (w11) and all updated drivers. i never thought having an ASUS laptop would be so dissapointing on the software side...and i haven't even mentioned my issues with Latency and audio stuttering(that somewhat have been fixed by a lot of researching) and the horrible thermal paste and LM application.

Jinov
Star I
Also been suffering from the exact same problem since the moment of purchase of GA503QS. Just let us disable this annoying feature pls. Can't believe I paid nearly 3k usd on this machine and have STUTTERS every time I play the least demanding games on steam. Congrats ASUS.

Falcon_ASUS
Hamstray

Oh great, and now you employ the tactic of switching support reps so we can waste more time repeating steps.

Here's the deal - the engineering team's questions Do Not Matter

I know that you know they don't matter, that you're just drawing more time without giving the answers we need while making it seem like you're doing something productive here.

I already said why too - even if in my specific case it wasn't the fTPM, that wouldn't change the fact that the AMD fTPM stutter issue exists! It's a real issue that exists, AMD acknowledged it, you yourselves have put out BIOS patches with a reputed fix for the issue, except not for our laptops for some weird reason.

But just for fun

1. it can happen anywhere, anytime, no matter what I'm doing, playing games, watching videos, listening to music, online or offline, at all times at random it can show up
  2. you know this is a dumb question, there's literally no way to eliminate every single possible issue a computer might have to become completely certain it's caused by a specific thing, unless, get this, I could check if the issue still persists when the specific thing (in this case fTPM) isn't a factor.

In other words, if you let me disable the fTPM, I could actually for sure verify if the problem isn't caused by it. I disable the fTPM, stutters still happen? Not an fTPM issue.

I've already said this before, but of course you changed support agents so that I'll have to repeat these things and you can spend another month or two not actually giving us answers

Also we both know your tech labs are useless and your enforced PC diagnosis tests aren't built to detect issues in the fTPM, making any further lab tests a huge waste of time (another thing I've already explained but you switched agents so I'll have to repeat this)

1. is your engineering team that's really ignorant of current Tech news and even ignorant of what your other engineering teams are doing planning any BIOS updates for our laptops?
  2. if so, will it include a fix for the AMD fTPM stutter?
  3. when will it be released (if ever)?
  4. let us disable the fTPM

View post
@Hamstray
As in the previous reply, there may be many reasons for the game lag.
We sincerely hope that you can go to our service center to have further inspection.
I have sent you a message, you could provide your contact information via the PM, we will notify the engineer at your location for further confirmation.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.