cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XT9 Nodes IP addresses

Valdo
Star I

Hello,
is it possible to change the IP addresses of mesh nodes?
The router (XT9) has 192.168.50.1 but I'm irritated that the nodes, both XT9, one has a .111 and the other a .217 IP's!
It would be logical to have 50.2 and 50.3, shouldn't it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Valdo
Star I

Yes it is true that in the web interface it is possible to assign a fixed IP address to a device via its MAC address, but the XT9 node has 3 MAC addresses; for each band one - 2,4  ten 5 then 5,9...

P.S. actually there are 5 MAC addresses, add the Ethernet LAN and the Backhaul and this is the correct MAC to be linked with a fixed IP. It works!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jzchen
Zen Master I

ASUS designed it this way apparently.  They have a Device Discovery software for Windows that finds all your ASUS networking products and their IP addresses.  I don't see why you couldn't go into the XT9 primary router's DHCP and make appropriate changes, then assign each node a static IP manually, but I never tried.  (There are very limited settings available when you log into their pages, and I just find them in network map or using that Windows software/tool.  ASUS Device Discovery version 1.4.8.3 download on the linked page below):

https://www.asus.com/us/networking-iot-servers/whole-home-mesh-wifi-system/zenwifi-wifi-systems/asus...

Valdo
Star I

Yes it is true that in the web interface it is possible to assign a fixed IP address to a device via its MAC address, but the XT9 node has 3 MAC addresses; for each band one - 2,4  ten 5 then 5,9...

P.S. actually there are 5 MAC addresses, add the Ethernet LAN and the Backhaul and this is the correct MAC to be linked with a fixed IP. It works!