This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XT8 and BT 1G Fibre

JohnG
Star I

I have just had a full BT full fibre installation and Using XT8 hub PPPoE  connection.  I am seeing internet loss of connection, dropped packets. BT blame the third party hub. The hub shows lease expired and renewing permanently.

Is there any default setting I can use to correct this problem. An ICMP ping monitor using the DDNS url also show spikes of high latency and dropped packets.

Will this router work with a direct connection to full fibre? How do I explain the BT/Openreach it's their problem and not ASUS, or is it the router.  I never had this problem with virgin. The only fix is to manually reboot the ASUS router and I cannot live with that.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

I use ASUS DDNS to access networks in two houses located in different cities.  I noticed more recently significantly slower page response, say if I access one house from the other house with https://DDNS address.asuscomm.com:8443 .  I suspect something is wrong with their side right now.  Hopefully after their vacation they can address this.  (I don’t see any ASUS staff responding lately)…

I think you are right about the ASUS DDNS service. It does not explain the excessive dropped packets over the BT Fibre network reported by the router. Is it a router problem or a network problem? Or is this normal for this type of equipment and connection.  I do not have enough experience to answer. So let's hope the more technical staff can give us an answer.