This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow WIFI on AX3000

thecatishere
Star I

i have purchased RT-AX58U V2 and the WIFI is capped at 3 mbps. The PC connected via LAN is doing okay but the other devices are not. Changing between control channels, 2.4/5/6 ghz bands doesn't affect the problem. 

5 REPLIES 5

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @thecatishere,

according to your question, please start by confirming the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Please make sure to check your wireless settings, including encryption, channel selection, and bandwidth. Ensure that you have the appropriate settings based on your needs.
  2. Have you updated the firmware of your router to the latest version?
  3. You can also try restarting your RT-AX58U V2 router and related devices, including your wireless devices.
  4. Please attempt to change the wireless channel to avoid interference or conflicts. Which wireless channel are you currently using?
  5. If the above methods do not work, you may consider resetting the router to its factory settings. For detailed setup steps, please refer to the FAQ below. [Wireless Router] How to reset the router to factory default setting? | Official Support | ASUS Glob...

Thank you.

1. I'm using the default settings with latest Samsung android device and latest MacBook Pro.
I've tried both 2.4, 5GHz bands with and without 802.11ax, on 20, 40, 80 and 160 Hz channel widths on different channels
2. Yes It's updated
3. I've restarted them multiple times
4. I've used basically every channel available for 2.4 GHz and also a lot of them in 5Ghz.
5. I bought the router yesterday it is with the factory settings 

thecatishere
Star I

Connecting Wireless devices directly to the router results in ~3Mbps speeds, BUT connecting my laptop to the hotspot of my phone and then connecting my phone to the router results in acceptable speed on my laptop (~90Mbps) and ~3Mbps on my phone

MarkWood21
Star II

Ensure your router firmware is up-to-date. Reset network settings on affected devices, and check for interference from other electronic devices. If the issue persists, try resetting the router to factory settings and reconfiguring it. liteblueguide.xyz