This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use WireGuard VPN to access internet on my phone

TimWang
Star I

I had setup WireGuard VPN on the router and it seemed I was able to connect the WireGuard VPN on my phone as once I have connected the VPN, my phone cannot access the internet. My question is how can I access internet via this VPN. Many thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

TimWang
Star I

Hi @Aureliannn_ASUS I have attached the screenshot. Please help check. After connecting this, my phone cannot access internet. But I can access the computers in the intranet. Many thanks for the help again.

TimWang
Star I

My phone is iPhoneX with iOS 16.5.1(c). and the Firmware Version is 3.0.0.4.388_23285, which is the latest. Thanks.

Hi @TimWang ,

in order to escalate your issue to relevant department.

Could you provide the feedback log and the screenshot?

1. Connect your device (PC, laptop, etc.) to the router and open the Web management interface (http://router.asus.com/) in your web browser.
  2. Click on "Administration" and then select "Issue Report."
  3. Fill in your location, email address (required), ASUS service/case number, problem type, and problem description. Please read and agree to the privacy policy and relevant terms of service.
  4. Click "Submit" to submit your form.

Additionally, please provide the product serial number, the time you sent the feedback report, the email used for the feedback report, and the time when the issue occurred via private message.

As for the screenshot please sent the image as below picture.

e091f67c-168b-4730-a4ea-3b4e15e45e8f.jpg

Thank you.

rockjonn
Star I

Ensure that you have correctly configured the WireGuard VPN on your router and phone. Make sure that the server and client configurations match and that you have included the necessary settings such as allowed IPs, DNS settings, and public keys.

Double-check the server-side configuration to ensure it allows internet access for clients. In the WireGuard server configuration file, you should have the allowed IPs set to 0.0.0.0/0 or a range that covers all IP addresses to allow internet traffic through the VPN.