This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use WireGuard VPN to access internet on my phone

TimWang
Star I

I had setup WireGuard VPN on the router and it seemed I was able to connect the WireGuard VPN on my phone as once I have connected the VPN, my phone cannot access the internet. My question is how can I access internet via this VPN. Many thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

rockjonn
Star I

Use WireGuard VPN on your phone, follow these steps:

1. Download a WireGuard-compatible app from your app store (e.g., "WireGuard" for Android or "WireGuard" for iOS).
  2. Obtain the VPN configuration file from your provider or set up your own WireGuard server.
  3. Import the configuration file into the WireGuard app.
  4. Connect to the VPN by tapping the "Connect" button.
  5. You can now access the internet securely and privately through the WireGuard VPN on your phone.

TimWang
Star I

Thanks for your reply. I did the same step as you mentioned. The thing is that even though I can connect the WireGuard VPN on my phone(I can even see it's connected on the router webUI), I cannot access internet on my phone. Not sure what is happening 😞

TimWang
Star I

I noticed there's a alert message saying the following:

For iOS users, you must assign a specific DNS server to WireGuard app before accessing the internet through WireGuard Server.
But I am not sure what DNS server I should specify.

TimWang
Star I

By the way, I am using IPv6 on ASUS router. After connecting, I can see a dot shown on the client icon. But still, cannot access internet on my phone.