This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting consistent wifi connectioin

AX58U / windows 11

I'm inclined the router is not my problem, but I've been directed here by two articles.

Router as worked quite well since purchase. In the last 2 wks I have increasing problems connecting to wifi. Our 2 phones, tablet, security system, garage door, laptop can connect instantly every time. every AM, one TV is on, streaming from wifi, with no glitches. Thus, wifi works, I know the modem works, and the router works everywhere but PC which has  no wifi until PM.  More later.
The PC is 15' from the router. Device Manager claims I have the most recent driver and is 'working well.' Using Network Connections, I can see wifi has a strong signal showing both networks - 2.4 and 5.

Here is what I know.  Every AM when I turn on my PC, I have no wifi.  On the taskbar, wifi shows what appears to be a globe with some longitude/latitude lines.  In late AM, that turns to a triangle-shaped icon showing wifi strength which is strong.  Around 1-2PM, wifi works.  By that I mean, I can send/receive email, surf, connect to services like OneNote.

In AM, IPv4 and IPv6 show no internet access. Speed = 520mbps, Sent = 6600, Received = 18400. Diagnostic shows "Can't reach DHCP server"  IPv4 and IPv6 show "No internet access."  Later in the day, IPv4 will change to having internet access.  IPv6 will gain access around 1-2P.  In AM I get a message in "Diagnosis" similar to 'DHCP server can't be found.
Now, the articles state my router has a schedule option that can turn on/off wifi transmission.  I have no schedule set.  Those articles also claim I can turn on/off IPv4 and IPv6 in the router.  I can't find that option.  Help please.

1 REPLY 1

jzchen
Zen Master I

About two weeks ago there was a firmware update released by ASUS.  I suggest you do a factory/hard reset, then build the network again:

https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1039078/